Jane is a member of the firm's Private Wealth team specialising in dealing with litigation involving Disputed Wills and Trusts.
Jane is a key member of the firm's Charity Sector, advising Charities and Charitable Trustees of both national and regional charities on a range of issues affecting their duties and responsibilities, as well as representing them in litigation arising in Will and Legacy Disputes.
Having previously spent 14 years with a National Commercial law firm as a Professional Risks lawyer advising professionals and their Insurers on risk, compliance, policy coverage and dealing with professional negligence claims, Jane has experience representing a wide range of Clients (businesses, professionals and individuals) at every stage in litigation (including in the High Court in complex, high-value litigation) as well as in arbitration and mediation.
Jane joins Michelmores having also been an advisor to a NHS Mental Health Trust and a number of Clinical Commissioning Groups with a particular interest in cases involving Mental Capacity and represents Clients in contentious Court of Protection proceedings.
Jane is a member of the Court of Protection Practitioners' Association and takes an active role with the firm as a Corporate Partner of the Institute of Legacy Managers.
- Providing advice in an investigation by the Office of Public Guardian into the conduct of an Attorney acting for her mother
- Acting in Court of Protection proceedings in relation to a contested application regarding an elderly gentleman with advanced Dementia regarding his capacity to decide where he lives, who he should marry and in an application for a statutory will
- Advising a National Charity about whether to make an ex-gratia payment from a significant legacy following a failed gift to another beneficiary.
- Acting for a Charity in a Professional Negligence claim against a professional executor in an Estate of which the Charity is sole beneficiary in order to recover a substantial legacy missing following an SRA intervention
- Providing a range of legal training to other professional clients, including IFAs and Charities, on various topics such as the duties and liabilities of Charitable Trustees, the role of insurance in protecting Trustees, the use of mediation in Contentious Probate cases and Disputes in Probate Services
- Acting for a professional Executor in a dispute arising from a Buyer's failure to complete the purchase of three Central London properties from the Estate.