Kurt is an Associate in the Commercial team, with experience advising on commercial matters both in the UK and internationally. His time is divided between working on the commercial elements of corporate and project-financed transactions and advising businesses on their commercial contracting and operational arrangements.
Kurt's commercial contract experience covers a range of sectors and clients. He has acted for both public and private sector clients on large scale outsourcing and contract management projects. His experience includes a particular focus on projects in public utilities and regulated industries. This has been supported by recent experience assisting clients on their general commercial arrangements and operational contracts
Kurt is a key member of the Energy sector team, assisting Michelmores' energy clients on contractual and regulatory issues. His experience spans the entire energy supply chain, having advised on power generation projects (including wind, solar PV, gas, hydro, biomass, anaerobic digestion, energy-from-waste and community energy), distribution and transmission regulatory issues, and retail electricity supply contracts. Kurt trained and spent four years at Norton Rose Fulbright in Sydney before moving to the UK in 2017.
Kurt is qualified as a Solicitor in England & Wales (2018) and in Australia (2014). He has a LLB (Hons) from Macquarie University and a BComn from University of Newcastle.
- Advising various clients on service contracts, distribution agreements, management services agreements, standard terms and conditions and supply contracts (including feedstock supply).
- Advising a number of energy-from-waste companies in relation to their commercial contracts and revenue arrangements.
- Acting for an energy software and optimisation solutions company on its entry into a joint venture arrangement with a renewables asset manager.
- Acting for solar developers and asset managers in connection with PPA structures and various acquisitions and investments.
- Advising landholders on heat supply contracts and applicable heat network regulations.