"Second-to-none industry knowledge and an eye for detail."
Legal 500 2016
"Roger has been our principal legal adviser since the birth of Mint Velvet in 2009. We have found Roger's knowledge of the business, and the history which he shares with us and Mint Velvet's other founders going back over 10 years, to be extremely helpful during the successful growth of our business."
Stuart Grant, COO, Mint Velvet
Roger heads up the Corporate team in London, and is Head of the Retail sector.
Roger has over 30 years' experience of corporate law, and specialises in M&A and private equity, particularly in the retail and insurance sectors.
Roger qualified into the Corporate team of Slaughter and May and worked in their London and New York offices. He then moved to Pinsent Masons, where he held various positions of responsibility, including Head of Corporate, Head of Private Equity, a member of the Firm's Partnership Committee, and was an elected member of the Board. Roger also devised and led their Canadian initiative.
Roger was a member of the BVCA Legal and Technical Committee for a number of years.
- Advising selling shareholders on the sale of financial planner Baigrie Davies to Standard Life.
- Acting for management on the Sovereign Capital backed acquisition of logistics business Dalepak.
- Advising investors on the acquisition of a software business and associated financing.
- Acting for the senior management of ladies fashion retailer Mint Velvet on the strategic investment by the Lewis Trust Group (owners of River Island).
- Advising selling shareholders on the sale of practice-branded dental administrator DPAS to mutual Wesleyan.
- Acting for selling shareholders on the sale of property consultancy G L Hearn to Capita.
- Advising a private equity-backed debt management business on two strategic acquisitions.