"James takes the time to understand our business and what we are trying to achieve; his knowledge of the technology sector is hugely valuable to us."
Roger Beadle, Founder, Limitless Technology Limited
James is a Solicitor in the Technology, Media & Communications team.
James joined Michelmores in 2013, and qualified in 2015.
He advises on a wide range of commercial contracts and issues, particularly those involving a technology, intellectual property or data protection component.
- Advising Plymouth University on various IP commercialisation projects;
- Drafting remedial data transfer agreements (including those incorporating the Model Contract Clauses) following the invalidation of Safe Harbor;
- Negotiating terms of engagement and ongoing licensing arrangements for a client's participation in a national television show;
- Drafting database transfer agreements for a marketing services company (including detailed advice under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003);
- Working closely with a disruptive technology start-up to establish an innovative customer service platform (including drafting intellectual property assignments, SaaS subscription terms and software development/hosting agreements);
- Restructuring a proposed data-sharing arrangement with a public sector body to increase the likelihood of our client acting only as a data processor; and
- Advising on the termination of an exclusive distribution and manufacturing agreement.