Naomi is an Associate in the Commercial and Regulatory Disputes team in London.
Naomi specialises in commercial litigation with a particular focus on the finance and investment sector. Naomi acts on a variety of high value disputes, including claims relating to mis-selling of structured products, professional negligence, misrepresentation and breach of contract/warranty.
Her clients include corporate and individual fund managers, independent financial advisors and wealth management companies.
Naomi is part of the Insurance and Reinsurance team and advises policyholder clients on coverage disputes and policy interpretation.
Naomi is a member of the Financial Services Lawyers Association (FSLA) and British Insurance Lawyers Association (BILA).
Her articles on "Mareva" injunctions following the decision in Hollyoake v Candy, and No Oral-Modification Clauses pursuant to Rock Advertising Limited v MWB Business Exchange Centres Limited, have been published in the International Bar Association annual litigation publication.
- Assisting in a group action on behalf of hundreds of small and medium businesses against Clydesdale Bank and National Australia Bank in relation to Tailored Business Loans.
- Beveridge v Quinlan  EWHC 424 (Ch) – Successfully obtained declaratory and injunctive relief on behalf of bank appointed Receivers to enable the collection of certain monies which were subject to security arrangements created by the defendants and which related to Banco Santander's headquarters in Spain.
- Richard Pease v Henderson Administration Ltd  EWCA Civ 158 and  EWHC 661 (Ch) – Acted for an investment fund manager, in claims for breach of contract against his former employer arising out of its failure to pay him c.£4 million in management fees, and its failure to allow him to replace the manager of a c.£1 billion investment fund on termination of his employment. Mr Pease succeeded in his claim at first instance; the decision was overturned by the Court of Appeal and permission to Appeal to the Supreme Court is sought.
- Acted for an investment and wealth management firm pursing declaratory judgment in the Commercial Court (QBD) alongside concurrent US proceedings relating to liability under a revolving credit agreement.
- Dinglis Properties Ltd v Dinglis Management Ltd  EWHC 2099 (Ch) - Represented a defendant company in a dispute relating to monies owing between related companies with a complex historic relationship where questions of agency were raised.
- Ticketus LLP v Whyte - Assisted with various actions on behalf of Ticketus (a major creditor of Glasgow Rangers FC) arising out of the financial collapse of that club in 2012, including bringing proceedings against former owner Craig Whyte and obtaining summary judgment against him in the sum of c.£17 million.
- Acting for an investment fund pursuing a claim against for misrepresentation, negligence, breach of undertaking and breach of fiduciary duty against a legal services firm.
- Defending a number of mis-selling claims brought against financial advisors clients relating to structured loan notes.
- Represented a major national commercial property agency in a professional indemnity coverage dispute with insurers under the Insurance Act 2015.
- Advising a public body on coverage of significant potential public liability legacy claims.
- Representing a captive in a complex high value political risk coverage dispute with a cross-border element.
- Represented an investment and wealth management firm in an insurance coverage dispute as to the responsiveness of a professional indemnity policy over legal costs incurred defending a US action.
- Acting for a financial advisory firm to secure cover including defence costs in respect of professional negligence claims relating to advice on structured investment products.
- Advising on D&O cover for legal expenses arising out of investigations in connection with LIBOR rigging.
- Acting for a director in a dispute with insurers in relation to costs incurred defending an Unfair Prejudice Petition.