Jo is a Senior Paralegal in the Construction & Engineering team.
She is an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx), specialising in Construction & Engineering law, as well as Energy law. She is also a joint author of a 2018 publication for Constructing Excellence South West.
Prior to joining Michelmores, she worked as part of the Construction & Energy team at Hugh James in Cardiff, for over nine years.
Jo advises on a broad range of construction, engineering and development matters, including the negotiation and drafting of contracts, appointments, warranties, security documents and project documents, as well as new build and re-finance renewable energy projects, including wind, solar, biomass, anaerobic digestion and waste to energy, In addition to transactional matters, Jo also advises on all forms of dispute resolution, including adjudication and arbitration.
Jo is a member of Constructing Excellence South West and of South West Women in Construction.
Since joining Michelmores, Jo has worked on the following matters:
- Acting for a public sector client in relation to the production of its contractor framework, including various construction call-off contracts and associated guidance, as well as its multi-disciplinary professional consultancy services framework, including consultant appointments
- Advising on the construction aspects of a £420 million healthcare re-development
- Advising on the £15millon sale of 13.5MW of solar assets by a German engineering company to a UK investor
- Advising a specialist developer, owner and operator of biogas facilities at sites across the UK in relation to both transactional and contentious matters relating to their developments and their operation and engineering services
- Acting for a large developer client on the construction aspects of the re-development of Exeter City AFC's stadium at St James Park in Exeter