Jo is a Senior Paralegal in the Construction & Engineering team.
She is an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx), specialising in Construction & Engineering law, as well as Energy law. She is also a joint author of two Constructing Excellence South West publications: The Legal Guide to Offsite Manufacturing; and The Guide to Appointing an Architect.
Jo has worked in leading construction and engineering teams for over 10 years and advises on a diverse range of construction, engineering and development matters. She is experienced in the negotiation and drafting of building contracts, consultancy appointments, warranties, security and project documents, as well as EPC and O&M Contracts for new build and re-finance renewable energy projects. In addition to transactional matters, Jo also advises on all forms of dispute resolution, including adjudication and arbitration.
Jo is a member of Constructing Excellence South West and of South West Women in Construction.
- Advising a public sector client on the construction aspects of an ongoing £485million healthcare redevelopment, dealing with both transactional matters and alternative dispute resolution.
- Negotiating a highly amended £17million JCT Contract for a contractor client, with advice on particular issues including Brexit-related levies and tariffs, the impact of COVID-19 and labour/resourcing issues.
- Drafting a bespoke set of construction documentation to be rolled out across multiple sites for a commercial developer. The contract suite included a variety of consultancy appointments, building contracts and security documentation.
- Drafting a bespoke form Framework Agreement for the procurement of Solar PV works and services, together with associated NEC4 call-off contracts and ‘Z clause’ amendments.
- Advising a local authority client in respect of an innovative, offsite modular construction housing project.