Freya is a Senior Associate in the Commercial team.
Since joining Michelmores in 2014, Freya has developed a breadth of experience in drafting and negotiating commercial and technology-focussed contracts; advising clients in the context of business-to-business and business-to-consumer arrangements.
In particular, Freya advises on a range of non-contentious commercial transactions in the technology, retail (including e-commerce) and leisure, manufacturing, food and drink and transport sectors; with significant experience of supply terms, outsourcing and framework arrangements, software development and end user licenses, intellectual property / brand protection and product distribution.
Freya is recommended by Legal 500 in the TMT – IP sector, supports Michelmores’ MiVentures programme (providing commercial support innovative and disruptive businesses) and sits on the MAINstream angel investor network panel.
Freya also has a keen and active interest in sustainable technology and agriculture, with particular focus on sustainable protein. In this specialist area, Freya sits on the organising panel for the UK’s annual Insects as Food and Feed Conference, in association with ADAS and the Royal Entomological Society, and presents on the topic of insects as novel foods.
- Advising a leading online gaming client on commercial, IT, games development and licensing agreements.
- Advising a market-disrupting supplier of medical software and technology on its software licensing and outsourcing arrangements.
- Contributing specialist legislative expertise to a landmark WWF and tesco insect protein roadmap (see here).
- Advising a luxury international cosmetic brand on its selective distribution network and product supply terms.
- Advising a ‘world leading’ glamping and luxury hospitality business on its event licenses and client-facing booking terms.
- Advising an industry-wide wedding venues initiative on consumer contracts - with particular focus on Covid-related disruption, cancellations and consumer law compliance.