Ben is a Solicitor in the Transactional Real Estate team and a member of Michelmores' Energy sector.
He has experience in a broad range of commercial real estate work for private and public sector clients, including commercial development, estate and asset management, acquisitions and sales of freehold and leasehold property, as well as the granting and taking of commercial leases.
Ben joined Michelmores as a Trainee Solicitor in 2017 and joined the Transactional Real Estate team as a Solicitor upon qualification in September 2019. During his time as a Trainee Solicitor, Ben also gained experience in Michelmores' Education, Corporate and Construction and Engineering teams.
Before joining the firm, Ben graduated from the University of Essex with a first class LLB Laws degree, which included a year studying abroad at Charles IV University in Prague. He completed his LPC alongside an LLM in Professional Legal Practice at the University of Law in Exeter.
Outside of work, Ben also sat as Chair of the Devon & Somerset Junior Lawyers' Division of the Law Society during the 2018-2019 electoral year.
- Assisted Solar Growth Limited, managed by Armstrong Capital, on its acquisition of 39 commercial rooftop solar systems with a total capacity of 3,000 KWp (read more here);
- Advised Downing LLP on the property aspects of its sale of Redstow Renewables Ltd, an anaerobic digestion plant in Norfolk (read more here);
- Advised The Dartington Hall Trust on the sale of two sites in South Devon to a national housebuilder for residential development schemes;
- Advised a Devon-based drinks manufacturer and retailer on the taking of a lease of new warehouse, distribution and office premises;
- Acting for a central government body on various transactions for the management of its large property portfolio including advising on the completion of a disposal of property for development in South London for £13.5m.