"An excellent all-round private client lawyer. He's very experienced and very, very knowledgeable."
Chambers High Net Worth Guide 2017
"Reduce quite complex legal issues down to plain English."
"Very able, concise and approachable."
Will is responsible for looking after the affairs of a large number of established private clients, for whom he is often the first port of call for confidential advice relating to their personal affairs. He deals with investments, trusts, tax, estates and succession planning, high-end residential property, and probate. He acts as Attorney, Trustee and Executor for a considerable number of clients.
He is Chairman of St Austell Brewery Co Ltd, a growing and ambitious Cornish business, which is famous for its Tribute ale, and Proper Job beer.
Will is the President of the Devon and Somerset Law Society, and a past chairman of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners in the South West. Will served as the Firm's Senior Partner from 2002-2017. He is a Deputy Lieutenant for Devon.
Will bought and landscaped a derelict site next to the River Exe, on which he built the home in which he and his family now live, and which he opens to the public every year to raise funds under the National Garden Scheme.
Will also enjoys foreign motorbike trips in far flung places and has been to India, Thailand, Vietnam, Argentina, and most recently Brazil. When time permits water sports, and sailing in particular, remain firm favorites.
- Reviewing the financial and business affairs of a couple who run their own substantial business, but which is potentially to be bought out by a third party; planning their general strategy through to retirement and later life, balancing tax efficiency with appropriate family outcomes, incorporating wills and trusts.
- Acting as executor of a £12m estate involving trusts, overseas assets and beneficiaries, creation of a charity, liaising with all family and other beneficiaries for the prompt and efficient winding up of the estate, while being sensitive to family issues and concerns.
- Advising trustees of a number of £multi-million trusts held for beneficiaries with differing interests and distinctly differing points of view.
- Advising families with multigenerational interests on the family business as to succession planning and devolution of family wealth.
- Advising individual owners and trustees of all matters existing in connection with their landed estates.