Kieran Van Bussel
Kieran is an Associate in the Corporate and Commercial teams based in Michelmores' Exeter office. He works on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters, focussed around Energy, Finance and investments, including transactional M&A, alternative finance, fundraising, ethical investments, development finance, corporate governance, public and private sector commercial contracts..
Kieran is a member of the Michelmores Energy sector and has experience dealing with solar PV, wind, hydroelectric, biomass and anaerobic digestion facilities, as well as dealing with connections, operation and maintenance, electricity tariffs and subsidies. Kieran also has a keen interest in smart grids, tidal energy and electricity storage.
Further to this, Kieran is an active member of the alternative finance and crowdfunding group in the firm, and is interested in assisting start-up companies.
Kieran graduated from the University of the West of England with a 1st class degree in Criminology and Psychology, before taking his GDL and LPC and joining the firm in September 2013.
- Working with Hydrosense Renewables on the funding of hydroelectric turbines and environmentally beneficial fish passes on UK rivers
- Advising Gamma Energy Limited on a number of acquisitions and disposals of solar farms
- The purchase of three ground-mounted solar PV installations in the UK by a German development company
- Working with Downing LLP on a number of investments and exits in the Energy sector
- Working with a major developer on the financing and development of several large-scale Anaerobic Digestion facilities including gas-to-grid functionality, undertaking corporate, commercial and funding aspects
- Working with Ducalian Capital to facilitate their raising of more than £40 million on a range of EIS investment projects in the storage and leisure sectors
- Assisting Triodos Bank with several renewable energy and ethical investment fundraising projects