Anna Thompson is an associate in the Banking, Restructuring & Insolvency team in Exeter.
She advises on a range of finance and corporate insolvency matters.
Anna acts for both borrowers and lenders in relating to funding arrangements, ranging from advising on the effects of personal guarantees to negotiating multi-million pound secured funding arrangements. Anna's clients range from national clearing banks to private individuals.
In addition, Anna has a wide range of expertise in restructuring and corporate insolvency matters and regularly advises on non-contentious debt restructuring.
- Advising the owner and developer of two solar parks in the first ever UK publicly-listed solar finance bond.
- Acting for St Austell Brewery in connection with the renewal of its £45m + £5 m bilateral loan facility.
- Acting for Rowe Group in connection with the refinancing of its secured lending facility.
- Providing legal opinions on matters of English law in connection overseas funding transactions, including in connection with a project to install an undersea telecommunications cable between Vanuatu and Fiji.
- Acting for various UK banks in connection with their secured lending transactions.
Restructuring and Insolvency
- Assisting in the restructuring of listed company MICE Group PLC's £80m loan facility.
- Advising Nicholl group on three rounds of restructuring of its £80m loan facilities.
- Advising a national hotel chain in connection with the restructuring of its £120m debts.
- Acting for the administrators of The Proper Welsh Milk Company in connection with a pre-pack sale of the business and ongoing advice after their appointment.
- Advising the administrators of Pro Serv Corporate Limited, a business providing meals to multiple schools in the South West.