Construction & Engineering
Our experienced and highly respected Construction and Engineering team advises regional, national and international clients on a wide range of issues across the supply chain providing first rate and solutions driven advice at all stages from the outset of a project through procurement and beyond. Clients include developers, main contractors, project managers, members of the professional design team, funders and public sector authorities (at both local and central government level).
The practice complements the work of the Firm's Commercial Development and Projects teams, particularly in relation to its developer and public sector clients, and those requiring expert advice and guidance on regulatory matters as part of the construction process.
The team has stellar experience in construction dispute resolution and places a strong emphasis on acting alongside clients to achieve an early resolution wherever possible. Where negotiation or mediation is inappropriate, we have a robust and vigorous approach to the resolution of disputes by adjudication, arbitration, litigation or expert determination as circumstances require but always with an emphasis on ensuring the client's commercial interests are wherever possible achieved and costs kept to a minimum.
- Practical Completion: At last, some guidance from the Court of Appeal
- Can an insolvent company commence adjudication proceedings?
- Employers must still pay up on "smash and grab" adjudication decisions
- Entries open for the Michelmores Property Awards
- Compulsory Purchase - the Budget and the Letwin Report
- Crossrail 2: where are we now?
- Renewable energy surpasses fossil fuel generation capacity
- Michelmores named Property Law Firm of the Year
- Faulty foundations in the construction industry?
- Construction mediation guide from South West's top lawyers wins major award
- Passivhaus: Building the Green Way - meeting the standards for certification
- Passivhaus: building the green way
- VAT – Changes in the Construction Industry
- The Hackitt Report – an overview
- Third Party Rights – the future in construction?
- FIDIC 2017 contract release confirmed: 'all the colours of the [FIDIC] rainbow…'
- Adjudication costs – an update
- Go Fourth and Prosper – NEC4
- The shortlist for the 2017 Michelmores Property Awards is revealed
- Next generation of NEC contracts – NEC4
- Oxygen House and Michelmores team up to promote sustainability
- International Women's Day – interview with Penny Cameron
- Meet the judges for the 2017 Michelmores Property Awards
- When is a Pay Less Notice a Pay Less Notice?
- Entries open - Michelmores Property Awards 2017
- Enforcing an adjudicator's decision
- Protocol for Construction and Engineering Disputes
- Yeovil Town FC
- Concurrent delay in construction projects
- Recovery of costs in adjudication
- Courts introduce a short-cut to justice
- What is adjudication?
- Adjudication – "No dispute" challenge crystal clear
- Construction skills shortage for home builders
- "Well, one of them must be wrong!" − The Court of Appeal disagrees with itself