Finance and Investment
Our Finance and Investment sector offering draws together experience from across the financial services spectrum in asset or trade finance, banking, insurance and re-insurance, funds (institutional and retail) and wealth management.
We recognise that the sector is a powerful and influential driver of the UK economy, employing over 2m people in retail, wholesale and international markets. Our lawyers apply their sector know-how to better understand our clients' objectives and achieve innovative or practical solutions whilst navigating an ever changing regulatory landscape.
Our complementary legal services include asset-based lending, banking, trade finance, insolvency and restructuring, secured lending, commercial and technology contracts, corporate, data protection, dispute resolution (including arbitration), employment, financial regulation, regulatory investigations or enforcement and tax.
Our team can also offer an insight into the growing Alternative Finance market, Brexit, Cyber Security, FinTech, The Insurance Act 2015 and PR / Communication strategy during times of crisis.
We can advise on matters worldwide that are based on English law, and are known for advising on investment into Emerging Markets.
- What is the best structure for a social enterprise?
- No-deal Brexit? – Implications for the financial services sector
- Framework for the UK-EU partnership in Financial Services
- Brexit – Any real developments for a financial services trade deal?
- Michelmores advises M-BIRR on investment by DEG and European Investment Bank
- FCA considers expanding access to Financial Ombudsman Service
- Michelmores advises on AgDevCo's Suma Hydro investment
- Michelmores' Senior Partner reappointed to AIFC Legal Advisory Council
- Michelmores Advise on £2m Crowdcube Fundraise
- Michelmores advises Credit Reporting Agency on secondary buy-out
- Brexit - impact on the Financial Services sector – 15 months on
- No charge – clarity at last for receivables financiers operating in Ireland
- Contra proferentem – in memoriam
- EU's Fifth Anti Money Laundering Directive to combat terrorist financing
- The old bill – an end to the Bills of Sale Act and what this means for invoice financiers
- International Women's Day – interview with Christine Hodgson
- 10% capital gains tax on £20m
- Michelmores appoints Andrew Oldland QC as Senior Partner
- Michelmores LLP expands Banking and Finance offering with key hire
- Michelmores advises on AgDevCo's Malawian investment
- The Rise of Off-Grid Solar Power in Rural Africa
- Brexit: Business Impact Survey
- Brexit - impact on the financial sector
- Fintech – Evolution or Revolution
- Insurers set to try and contract out of New Insurance Act
- A Panamanian pickle
- Hedging your Brexit bets
- Mobile money in the developing markets
- N v S: How effective is your de-risking strategy?
- Impact of the Competition Powers
- Legal implications of Brexit
- Mis-selling claim against RBS and NatWest
- POCA success for the FCA
- New whistleblowing rules - is your business ready?
- Rising prices unlock real estate portfolios
- Competing demands of insolvency and employment law
- Legal 500 recognition for Emerging Markets
- The cost of market manipulation
- Making an application to the Financial Conduct Authority
- Market manipulation claims: "That's how to do a fix!"
- An update on the Enterprise Bill
- Financial market manipulation: the tale of 2015
- Andrew Oldland QC comments on Flash Crash trader's latest fight against extradition in The Telegraph
- Fresh hope for policyholders! Government's Enterprise Bill picks up on late payment of insurance claims
- London's new financial super court
- Changes to the FCA's complaint handling rules: update for financial services firms
- Tianjin Explosions – Insurance losses could reach $1.5 billion
- New Insurance Act offers (re)insurers a second bite at the cherry
- Market Manipulation: The tale of 2015
- Policyholders warned not to sacrifice insurance coverage
- A revolution in invoice financing?
- Michelmores acts on deal that saved over 30 jobs in Exeter
- Barclays wins capital subscription loan claim against former Dewey & LeBoeuf partner
- Employee Shareholder Status
- When is an event "likely to give rise to a claim"?
- Regulatory Sanction & Civil Claims in Banking
- Cyber Insurance – An Update
- Internal investigations: inside jobs – Andrew Oldland QC featured in Law Society Gazette
- The new Insurance Act 2015 – how can policyholders benefit now?
- Cyber "myths" putting UK SMEs at risk
- Is access to funding improving?
- Insurance Act receives Royal Assent
- Swiss Franc turbulence
- The importance of being honest – the fraudulent device rule in insurance claims
- Insurance Bill – an update
- Financial Services Update: 2014
- Funds Litigation Update
- Assessing Quantum in Best Execution Claims
- Mis-Selling Review 2014
- Brokers' duties to advise on BI insurance clarified
- Garbhan Shanks and Harriet Stokes are featured in Insurance Day - FOS has no jurisdiction to determine D&O complaint
- Anti-Money Laundering Case Update
- Asset Based Lending Growth – but problems remain in traditional markets
- Michelmores Advises on Significant Partial MBO
- Share Schemes Annual Returns
- Michelmores advises Limitless Earth plc on AIM stock market listing
- Will Access to Funding Hold Back Manufacturing?
- Financial Services and Markets Round-Up
- The Employee Shareholder: What it means?
- VAT and Holiday Caravans
- Unlocking capital for holiday parks: the increasing popularity of alternative funding options
Get in touch
Our clients include: Committed Capital, NatWest / Royal Bank of Scotland, Succession Group, LEBC Group, FinnFund, FMO, Triodos Investment Management, Norfund, Santander UK Plc, Standard Bank (Jersey) Limited, Standard Bank (Isle of Man) Limited, Pay4Later, Octopus Investments and TradeRiver.