Our Private Equity Solicitors regularly advise private equity houses, investors, lending banks, mezzanine advisers and management teams in highly complex primary and secondary buyouts.
Clients benefit from corporate M&A, restructuring and finance specialists and their understanding of the nuances of private equity transactions. The team is part of a large and dynamic corporate commercial department and is able to call on a wide range of legal resources to support clients' requirements, including sector specific expertise, in particular in energy and renewables, leisure, financial services, retail, manufacturing and agriculture.
The team also has a growing reputation advising on private equity investments into the emerging markets, having considerable international and cross-border expertise in some of the most challenging jurisdictions.
- Advising BP Marsh & Partners PLC in respect of its investment in US Risk (UK) Limited.
- Advising the management team in respect of the MBO of EMC Advisory Services Limited, funded by Lonsdale Capital Partners.
- Advising the management team in respect of the MBO of Aero Stanrew, funded by Momentum Corporate Finance, HSBC and Westbridge Capital.
- Advising Committed Capital Limited and its investors on investments into Moneygate Group Limited, Trade River Finance Limited and Lightwave RF Plc.
- Advising Royal Bank of Scotland PLC in respect of its funding of the MBO of Latimer Trend.
- Advising the management team in respect of the MBO of Atlas Packaging Limited.
- Acting for Vector Capital on the purchase of Cambium Networks from Motorola.
- Acting for Akur Partners on the management services agreement with Guggenheim Franklin Park Management LLC, relating to Infrastructure India PLC.
- Acting for City Inns Limited's shareholders on its £600m disposal to Blackstone.
- Advising the Soros Economic Development Fund and the Danish Investment Fund for Developing Countries on their investment in CleanStar Mozambique, an integrated food, energy and forest protection business.
- Acting for FinnFund and Norfund (two emerging market investment funds owned by the Finnish and Norwegian governments respectively) on a quasi-equity investment into Green Resources AS, a Norwegian forestry, carbon offset and renewable energy company operating in Mozambique, Tanzania and Uganda.
- Acting for the African Agriculture Fund on its investment in Golden Lay Limited, the foremost producer of table eggs in Zambia.
- Acting for the African Agriculture Fund on its investment in Feronia Inc in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Feronia Inc is one of the largest palm oil producers in Africa and is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange in Canada.
- Acting as lead legal advisors on an equity and debt investment by the African Agriculture Fund and FinnFund, an emerging market investment fund owned by the Finnish government, into Goldtree, a palm oil plantation and milling project in Sierra Leone.