The Manufacturing team has a long history of providing specialist advice to companies in the sector. Our highly informed, energetic and meticulous team successfully advises a diverse range of businesses, from large-scale industrials to small, highly-focussed start-ups. Our impressive track record speaks for itself.
International work for clients forms an important part of what we do. We act for UK and international clients, undertaking cross-border transactions and international investment activities, and we advise foreign companies that have UK subsidiaries or branches, or are looking to establish these.
Why Michelmores? We look to build long-term relationships with our clients and always work to understand their business so that our advice is delivered within context, as well as on time and on budget. Our specialist, multi-disciplinary team shares a passion for the sector and keeping up-to-date with developments in it.
Michelmores is a main sponsor of the Made in the South West Awards and the Exeter Initiative for Science and Technology (ExIST).
- Michelmores sponsors Made in the South West Awards 2017
- Should I amend my commercial contracts in light of Brexit?
- Government seeks to drive better payment practices in large corporates
- New gender pay reporting regulations
- Amazon calls quits on e-book 'Most Favoured Nation' clauses
- "Brexit" from the EU?
- National Living Wage
- Tough break for Nestlé as Kit Kat appeal dismissed
- Modern Slavery Act 2015
- Michelmores act on £42m Aero Stanrew deal
- Trunki's suitcase battle checks in to Supreme Court
- US Court "strongly recommends" mediation
- UK IPO recap
- Five year dispute over four chocolate fingers
- Regulation and Nuisance – a two-pronged attack
- Michelmores sponsor Made in the South West Awards
- IP clinches deals in the Den
- Nike jumping for joy as trade mark opposition is rejected by the UK Intellectual Property Office
- Face-off between Nivea and Unilever continues
- Competition Update for the Manufacturing Sector
- Lego’s 3D men stand tall after winning latest trade mark battle
- MK Test wins Deal of the Year for Aerospace MBO
- Court of Appeal refuses to stretch the meaning of a settlement agreement for H&M in patent dispute
- Investing in Manufacturing
- Electronic Disclosure – protecting your confidential information in court proceedings
- Second success for Sky as the Supreme Court rules Sky's use of "NOW TV" is not 'passing off'
- 'Battle of the skys' - Sky prevents Skype trade mark registration in long-running dispute
- Zero hours contracts – what are the likely legal constraints post-election?
- Court of Appeal overturns SCRAMBLE mix up by the High Court
- ECJ rules that EU copyright infringement claims can be brought in any member state where the infringing website is accessible
- Standardised cigarette packaging to be implemented in May 2016
- UK Copyright law change – in 2020
- Product recall – five top tips for maximising insurance cover
- Protect your company name
- Good faith in contracts
- 'Best Value Clauses
- Trade mark dispute is hazy for cider manufacturers
- Proving copyright ownership is not smooth sailing for Innocent
- Trunki rides on to Supreme Court
- 3D Printing is still 'pumping'
- Rihanna still comes out on top in Court of Appeal decision
- Graphene – a new miracle in the material world - Q&A with Dr David Horsell
- The patent box is up and running − but for how long?
- Company ownership: transparency and trust
- Asset Auctions: Online vs Traditional
- Women in Manufacturing: it's about being capable
- Michelmores sponsors manufacturing awards
- Counterfeit products: When imitation is not the best form of flattery
- New Act to modernise Intellectual Property Law
- Michelmores Sponsors Made in Devon Event
- Food Labelling
- Holiday Pay Entitlement
- Will Access to Funding Hold Back Manufacturing?
- Consultation on 'Minimum Meat Content' in Meat Products
- The EU PFN Scheme recognises West Country Beef and Lamb
- Great beginnings – the importance of distinctive origin
- Michelmores applauds manufacturing awards
- Michelmores extends international credentials in Mongolian bank deal
- Pledged Crackdown on Zero Hours
Get in touch
- Advising St Austell Brewery on the acquisition of Bath Ales Limited, including: the brewery, its portfolio of beer brands and its 11-strong pub estate.
- Advising the Graphic Group on the acquisition of Calflex USA, Graphic’s multi-million joint venture in China and the acquisition of Printra in Denmark.
- Advising Tods Aerospace & Defence Limited on the sale of the business and assets to US-based private equity group AGC Aerospace & Defence.
- Advising the management team on the management buyout (MBO) of Aero Stanrew Limited, one of the UK’s leading designers and manufacturers of specialist electronic components for the global aerospace industry.
- Advising a leading watersports equipment manufacturer on its key manufacturing relationship in Asia. Reviewing terms of clients' existing distributorship arrangements and assisting with project to appoint new local partners to rationalise the client's routes to market worldwide.
- Advising a construction/engineering apparatus manufacturer on a dispute with an infringer who had registered a domain name that included our client’s trade mark. Following our intervention, the infringer has now agreed to transfer the domain name to our client.
- Successfully guiding a large, multi-national manufacturer through the employment aspects of the closure of one of its UK factories, and a major restructuring at another site.
- Supporting a UK/Australian household products group in successfully enforcing its registered and unregistered intellectual property rights against multiple infringers (including UK retailers) in Europe and China.
- Providing strategic advice to a manufacturer on the establishment of an appropriate employee-representative forum, to work alongside a recognised union.
- Advising international toy and infant product company on key local partnering agreements across Europe and MENA, rationalising existing distributorship relationships in order to create a clearer two tier system, with key partners operating as local hubs to manage smaller stockists.