Restructuring & Insolvency
At Michelmores we act for insolvency practitioners, borrowers, lenders, professional advisors, directors and members of companies, partnerships and individuals including both creditors and debtors in every aspect of restructuring and insolvency, whether corporate or personal, contentious or non-contentious.
We offer a first rate, efficient, expedient and economic service based on our thorough knowledge of the subject and the unrivalled experience of our team.
Restructuring and Turnaround
We regularly provide advice to companies, directors, lenders and other stakeholders on the financial restructuring of companies, both domestically and internationally. Our experience includes providing advice in respect of debt-to-equity swaps, restructuring or re-scheduling of senior, mezzanine and unsecured loans and other financial instruments including bonds and swap arrangements. We have significant experience in formal restructuring mechanisms such as voluntary arrangements and schemes of arrangement as well as informal bi-lateral negotiations and comprehensive experience of formal insolvency procedures.
Our team has very considerable experience in dealing with every aspect of insolvency and in acting for insolvency practitioners in respect of the disposal and recovery of assets, antecedent transactions, directors' disqualification proceedings and all aspects of corporate and personal insolvency whether of a contentious or non-contentious nature.
- Videology Ltd and the Cross-Border Insolvency Regulations 2006: a matter of discretion
- Is Brexit taking a bite out of the hospitality and retail sectors?
- No-deal Brexit? – Implications for the financial services sector
- Framework for the UK-EU partnership in Financial Services
- House of Fraser and administration pre-packs - The key issues for retail suppliers
- Carillion in liquidation – what will it mean for schools?
- Preparing for Brexit - Insolvency Update
- Preparing for Brexit - Insolvency
- Continued trading while insolvent is not necessarily wrongful trading
- No charge – clarity at last for receivables financiers operating in Ireland
- Contra proferentem – in memoriam
- Rising prices unlock real estate portfolios
- Competing demands of insolvency and employment law
- A revolution in invoice financing?
- Michelmores acts on deal that saved over 30 jobs in Exeter
- Michelmores LLP is featured in The Lawyer's 'Top 20 cases of 2015'
- Michelmores boosts its Chambers UK rankings for 2015
- Michelmores Partner gains IFT accreditation
- Challenge to Administrators’ Conduct
- Retail Administrations Down in the First Half of 2013
Get in touch
- Advising York Global Finance BDH, LLC, one of the respondents to the Waterfall II application made by the directors of Lehman Brothers International (Europe) in connection with the distribution of the surplus in that administration.
- Advising the UK board of directors of a major listed international law firm on their duties during a period of financial distress and restructuring.
- Advising the Luxembourg issuer of a €200m bond raised to provide finance for a large Spanish photovoltaic array in connection with its restructuring.
- Advising Ticketus LLP in connection with its claim of £27m arising out of the collapse of the Rangers Football Club PLC.
- Advising numerous individuals with the £multi-million debts based overseas in relation to English bankruptcy and IVA procedures.
- Acting for the administrator of a media company with USA subsidiaries and dealing with a complex pre-pack asset sale.
- Advising the liquidator of a recruitment company and dealing with recovery action against several associated parties in respect of voidable antecedent transactions.
- Acting for the trustee in bankruptcy of a sole trader operating a haulage/agricultural business. Dealing with the contentious realisation of assets and the examination before the court of associated parties.