Tax is a central issue to all businesses and understanding how ever-evolving taxation regulations impacts upon business is a key priority for many of our clients.
Tax has emerged an even more critical aspect of business following the 2008 financial crisis. The tax landscape [in the UK and across other jurisdictions] continues to change with more and more complex obligations on Directors.
Michelmores' taxation practice encompasses corporate tax, real estate tax, personal tax and share schemes. Our tax advisors also work closely with other specialists across our Firm to provide results-driven tax solutions.
- In Brief - Undervaluing property & inheritance tax
- Stamp Duty Land Tax: Multiple Dwellings Relief
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) and share schemes
- Michelmores advises Emma Bridgewater on £8 million investment
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) and delaying tax payments
- Wills and trusts: 10 reasons to get a properly drafted Will
- Tax implications of investing in cryptocurrency
- Attorneys and Executors – what is the difference?
- Structures & Buildings Allowances
- Woodlands and estate planning
- Inheritance Tax Relief: Simplification could increase tax liability
- Charity Commission guidance for charities with a connection to a non-charity
- The future of Lasting Powers of Attorney?
- Offshore income gains fall outside the protected trusts rules
- Inheritance Tax and offshore trusts: anniversary and exit charges
- Michelmores sponsors ILM Annual Conference 2019
- Inheritance Tax Relief: Uncertainty Growing with the Impending OTS Consultation
- Inheritance Tax - two more recent BPR cases
- Rewarding risk: how to protect investors against losing EIS relief
- Trustees granted new powers by the court under section 57 of the Trustees Act 1925
- What right do beneficiaries have to request information from trustees?
- Interpretation of family trusts: case update Millar v Millar
- How does Stamp Duty Land Tax affect the purchase of residential property for trusts?
- Michelmores contribute to the STEP Handbook for Advisers
- Should I purchase a rental property through a limited company?
- The importance of witnessing a will
- Warning as to the future of Agricultural Property Relief
- VAT – Changes in the Construction Industry
- Stepfamilies and will drafting
- Inheritance tax reform – change on the horizon?
- Protecting family wealth
- Capital Gains Tax and Principal Private Residence Relief – quality over quantity
- VAT on 'Imports'
- Inheritance Tax: two recent cases shed new light on Pawson
- Worldwide Disclosure Facility – what's the process and who's eligible?
- Residential Property update
- Inheritance Tax
- Trading in and developing UK land
- EMI Schemes − issues arising in M&A transactions
- Proposed changes to transactions in securities
- SDLT Buy-to-let down?
- UK Summer Budget 2015 - Domicile
- Renewable Energy Projects and Inheritance Tax