Construction & Engineering
Our experienced and highly respected Construction and Engineering team advises regional, national and international clients on a wide range of issues across the supply chain providing first rate and solutions driven advice at all stages from the outset of a project through procurement and beyond. Clients include developers, main contractors, project managers, members of the professional design team, funders and public sector authorities (at both local and central government level).
The practice complements the work of the Firm's Commercial Development and Projects teams, particularly in relation to its developer and public sector clients, and those requiring expert advice and guidance on regulatory matters as part of the construction process.
The team has stellar experience in construction dispute resolution and places a strong emphasis on acting alongside clients to achieve an early resolution wherever possible. Where negotiation or mediation is inappropriate, we have a robust and vigorous approach to the resolution of disputes by adjudication, arbitration, litigation or expert determination as circumstances require but always with an emphasis on ensuring the client's commercial interests are wherever possible achieved and costs kept to a minimum.
- The shortlist for the 2017 Michelmores Property Awards is revealed
- Next generation of NEC contracts – NEC4
- Oxygen House and Michelmores team up to promote sustainability
- International Women's Day – interview with Jo Davis
- International Women's Day – interview with Penny Cameron
- International Women's Day – interview with Sara Parker
- Meet the judges for the 2017 Michelmores Property Awards
- When is a Pay Less Notice a Pay Less Notice?
- Entries open - Michelmores Property Awards 2017
- Enforcing an adjudicator's decision
- Protocol for Construction & Engineering disputes
- Protocol for Construction and Engineering Disputes
- Yeovil Town FC
- JCT Design and Build 2016
- Concurrent delay in construction projects
- Recovery of costs in adjudication
- Courts introduce a short-cut to justice
- What is adjudication?
- Adjudication – "No dispute" challenge crystal clear
- Construction skills shortage for home builders
- "Well, one of them must be wrong!" − The Court of Appeal disagrees with itself