Trust Creation & Administration
One of the most effective ways of controlling the succession of assets and reducing tax liabilities is to establish a trust.
We can advise on what type of trust structure is most suitable, when and if it is appropriate to establish a trust and how long it is beneficial to maintain it.
A trust can help to:
- Mitigate tax
- Protect a family business
- Defer children's inheritance until a specified age
- Make charitable donations
- Control the distribution of assets over time
- Offshore income gains fall outside the protected trusts rules
- Trustees granted new powers by the court under section 57 of the Trustees Act 1925
- What right do beneficiaries have to request information from trustees?
- Interpretation of family trusts: case update Millar v Millar
- Estate Planning Opportunities Arising out of the India/UK Double Tax Treaty
- Refunds for power of attorney fees
- No Will, no way…
- Inheritance Tax