International Family Law Solicitors

International Children Law

Call us free on: 
+44 (0)800 923 0400

If you have children with a foreign national or are a foreign national living here with children or you are thinking of moving to or from England with children, you should take expert advice from international children solicitors. There are restrictions under international law preventing you from moving across borders with children and/or taking holidays abroad when you are separated from the other parent. You may also have 'custody' issues or need an order regulating access/contact where you and the other parent live in different countries.


If you are a foreign national living in the UK or a UK national married to a foreign national, Brexit will affect how the English Courts and how the EU courts will deal with divorce, maintenance and children cases in the future. These rules change on 1 January 2021. It is essential that you take expert advice before the end of December 2020 if you are separating or separated from your spouse or partner as you may be disadvantaged if you do not act quickly.

To speak to one of our international Children law solicitors, please contact us on 0800 923 0400.

Contact us