The Commercial Development team has a client portfolio including many regional and national leading developers.
These include Eagle One, Midas Construction, St Modwen Developments and Vinci Group.
With the support of the largest Commercial Property department in the South West, the team has dealt with some of the biggest developments in recent years, from inception through planning, land acquisition and site assembly, through to funding and disposal/letting.
- Coronavirus and business tenancies - landlords' rent collection options restricted further
- Coronavirus - lease management for business landlords
- Coronavirus – effects on business landlords and tenants – 'fake news'
- Coronavirus and rent – tips for business landlords
- Coronavirus and property development
- RICS property measurement statement - 2nd edition
- The Planning Delivery Fund
- An overhaul of the planning system?
- MIPIM 2017
- Residential development – what are the options?
- SDLT Buy-to-let down?
- Michelmores at MIPIM 2015
- Consultation on the delivery of Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) in England
- Radon Gas - The Facts
- CRAR and the Impact on Farmhouses
- Be Aware - New Rules Apply to all Transfers of Commercial Property
Get in touch
- Acting for a national car park operator on the acquisition, development and operation of a multi-storey car park at a strategic hospital site within a leasehold structure. The project was secured through a procurement process and involved multi-disciplinary advice from the property, planning and commercial teams.
- Acting for a property developer from scheme inception. This involved the creation of a retail precinct of shops, and the ultimate disposal of the freehold of the property, subject to occupational leases. Due to the team's precision, no queries were raised as part of the investor purchaser due diligence exercise on any of the occupation and development documents, beyond the usual standard document enquiries. The agreements for lease and development were all exchanged simultaneously, providing the developer with the certainty of fully pre-let units.
- Advising a property developer that was encountering difficulties with a major development project. Strategic advice was given that overcame the difficulties in a more cost-effective and pragmatic manner than had originally been considered. This enabled the client to achieve planning deadlines and its own goals via an alternative route.
- Acting for British Solar Renewables on options and acquisitions of land in excess of 500 acres for the development of solar parks generating in excess of 35MW of installed generating capacity. This culminated in the first ever UK publicly-listed solar finance bond which raised £40m against two solar parks.
- Advising on the sale of two development sites with planning permission for a commercial developer client. The team overcame a title defect which would have otherwise prevented the future development. The team also identified future rights which would be required for the client and drafted and negotiated a further suite of documents to accommodate this.
- Advising St Modwen Developments Limited through its joint venture vehicle with Devon County Council, Skypark Development Partnership LLP, in connection with the development and disposal of sites at Skypark in Devon. This included the new South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust Rapid Response Base, a 60,000 square foot industrial unit to be occupied by GeoPost UK Limited, and the property aspects of the District Heating Centre at Skypark.
- Acting for Yelverton Properties in resolving title issues in a complex development infrastructure to facilitate the acquisition, development and disposal of a site for hotel purposes. This included interaction with the different owners of the parcels of land making up the site, the solicitors for the occupier of the site (a subsidiary of a PLC) the forward-funding and disposal arrangements with the investor purchaser, all being negotiated in parallel, and each with different objectives.