Capital Markets and Public M&A
The Michelmores Capital Markets team is led by London-based partner Ian Binnie who has extensive experience acting for issuers, nominated advisers and brokers in all aspects of London capital markets-related transactions. Several of the corporate partners also benefit from experience working as general counsel to listed and AIM companies. We have advised a number of our clients since incorporation through to an IPO and ultimate exit. The team offer advice, support and experience on both equity issues on the premium and standard segments of the Main Market, AIM and NEX as well as listings of debt instruments on the LSE's Order Book for Retail Bonds (ORB).
We offer plc boards with advice and assistance on a range of corporate governance, market abuse and general corporate law and regulation and other corporate action-related issues.
The Michelmores Public M&A team has experience providing potential bidders as well as target companies with detailed advice on the Takeover Code as well as UK and EU competition law considerations. We also regularly advise UK public companies on the impact of the Takeover Code on their acquisition strategies.
Many of the Michelmores corporate partners have previous experience gained as partners at 'top 20' international law firms.
The Capital Markets team have been ranked for Flotations: small and mid-cap in Legal 500 2019. Ian Binnie is named as a 'Recognised Practitioner' for AIM in Chambers & Partner UK 2019.
- Aquis Stock Exchange Market Consultation Paper
- Michelmores' AIM Capital Markets team supports Open Offer by Modern Water plc
- Michelmores advises Power Metal Resources plc on two acquisitions and associated placing
- Michelmores Capital Markets team in £12 million AIM fundraising for Koovs plc
- Michelmores advises on £5.5m placing for Kefi Minerals plc
- New EU proposals to assist AIM businesses in accessing finance
- Michelmores capital markets team in new AIM client win
- Michelmores attends 'Investing in African Mining Indaba'
- Michelmores' Senior Partner reappointed to AIFC Legal Advisory Council
- Michelmores advises on AIM IPO of Cradle Arc plc
- Michelmores acts for LEBC Holdings on acquisition of Aspira Corporate Solutions
- Michelmores Capital Markets team in AIM double-header success
- Michelmores advises on £4.1m placing and open offer for Columbus Energy Resources plc
- Michelmores advises on reverse takeover by standard listed Levrett plc of Nuformix
- Changes to the PSC Regime – what does it mean for you?
- Michelmores advise Modern Water plc on AIM fundraising
- Acting for AIM-quoted Modern Water plc on a £1.85 million placing
- Acting for broker Hybridan LLP in connection with a placing for Thor Mining plc (AIM)
- Advising on placing, subscription and associated open offer for AIM-quoted Maistro plc
- Advising AIM-quoted Modern Water plc on its recent Open Offer to shareholders
- Acting for Power Metal Resources plc (AIM) on two African cobalt-nickel acquisitions and associated placing
- Advising Whitman Howard as sole bookrunner in the £12 million fundraising for Koovs plc (AIM)
- Acting for Brandon Hill Capital and Cantor Fitzgerald Europe as joint brokers on a £5.5 million placing for Kefi Minerals plc (AIM)
- Acting for Smith & Williamson Corporate Finance as nominated adviser in a placing for TMT Investments plc (AIM)
- Advising Feronia Inc. (TSX venture exchange), the large-scale commercial farmland and oil palm plantation operator in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, in connection with its funding options resulting in a US$17.5 million private placement
- Advising Power Metal Resources plc (AIM) in a placing and subscription
- Acting for AIM quoted investment bank Arden Partners plc and Whitman Howard in relation to a £7.83 million placing (carried out as an accelerated book build) for Reabold Resources plc (AIM)
- Advising Strand Hanson (as financial adviser and nominated adviser), Tamesis Partners and Beaufort Securities (as joint brokers) in relation to the admission to AIM of Cradle Arc plc and associated placing
- Advising Cantor Fitzgerald Europe as Nomad and broker to ASX-listed Range Resources (the Trinidad and Indonesia focused oil and gas exploration, development and production company) on its admission to trading on AIM following the acquisition of the Trinidad-based oilfield services business
- Advising financial adviser/broker VSA Capital in relation to £4.1 million placing, subscription and open offer by AIM-quoted Columbus Energy Resources plc
- Advising Cantor Fitzgerald Europe and Spark Advisory on the debt restructuring and placing for Trinity Exploration and Production plc (AIM)
- Acting for Allenby Capital on accelerated-bookbuilt placing for Tekcapital plc (AIM)
- Acting for VSA Capital on a placing for LGO Energy plc (AIM)
- Advising Sula Iron & Gold plc on a placing and open offer (AIM)
- Acting for Allenby Capital on accelerated-bookbuilt placing for Infrastrata plc (AIM)
- Acting on the IPO of Limitless Earth plc (AIM)
- Advising Plant Health Care plc on its accelerated-whitewash compliant placing and open offer (AIM)
- Advising VSA Capital as financial adviser to TrueCommerce Holdings, the global provider of trading partner connectivity and integration solutions, on its £5.7 million recommended cash offer for NEX-quoted proprietary software company, Netalogue plc
- Advising VSA Capital as financial adviser to the leading provider of technology solutions for contractors in the North American cleaning and security markets, TEAM Software, on its £18.5 million recommended offer for UK-based technology innovator Innovise
- Acting on the Rule 9 mandatory offer by Trillion Trophy Asia for Birmingham City plc
- Advising Leybourne Securities on the general offer of Ivy Medical Chemicals plc