"Joe Whitfield, Henry Taylor and Harry Trick are not only very proactive and responsive, but also very open and approachable, which has contributed to a great long-standing working relationship. It has been a pleasure working alongside them."
Legal 500 2020
Henry is a partner in the Corporate team.
He specialises in mergers and acquisitions and private equity/venture capital investments, both in the UK and cross-border.
He has particular experience in the emerging markets.
- Acting for the shareholders of Aero Stanrew Group Limited on their sale of the company to TT Electronics PLC.
- Advising the shareholders of surf forecasting website Magicseaweed on its sale to the Australian SurfStitch Group.
- Advising the African Agriculture Fund on various projects, including its investment in the Meridian Group, whose main focus is on the manufacture and distribution of specialised fertiliser blends with operations in Mozambique, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Mauritius; its investment in General Plastics Limited, a leading manufacturer of packaging products servicing well-known brands in Kenya and the broader East Africa region; and its acquisition of a majority stake in Malawi-based agricultural engineering and equipment distribution company, Farming and Engineering Services.
- Acting for Mobeus Equity Partners on its debt and equity investment in Tushingham Sails Limited, owner of the world leading inflatable Stand Up Paddleboarding (“SUP”) brand Red Paddle Co.
- Advising Triodos Investment Management on its sale of a minority stake in the Cambodian ACLEDA Bank plc to ORIX Corporation, Japan.
- Advising Exeter Rugby Group plc on its £7.5m bond issue to fund the development of its Sandy Park stadium.
- Acting for various international Development Finance Institutions on a range of equity and debt transactions in the emerging markets.