The Manufacturing team has a long history of providing specialist advice to companies in the sector. Our highly informed, energetic and meticulous team successfully advises a diverse range of businesses, from large-scale industrials to small, highly-focussed start-ups. Our impressive track record speaks for itself.
International work for clients forms an important part of what we do. We act for UK and international clients, undertaking cross-border transactions and international investment activities, and we advise foreign companies that have UK subsidiaries or branches, or are looking to establish these.
Why Michelmores? We look to build long-term relationships with our clients and always work to understand their business so that our advice is delivered within context, as well as on time and on budget. Our specialist, multi-disciplinary team shares a passion for the sector and keeping up-to-date with developments in it.
Michelmores is a main sponsor of the Made in the South West Awards and the Exeter Initiative for Science and Technology (ExIST).
- Should I amend my commercial contracts in light of Brexit?
- Government seeks to drive better payment practices in large corporates
- New gender pay reporting regulations
- Amazon calls quits on e-book 'Most Favoured Nation' clauses
- "Brexit" from the EU?
- National Living Wage
- Tough break for Nestlé as Kit Kat appeal dismissed
- Modern Slavery Act 2015
- Michelmores act on £42m Aero Stanrew deal
- Trunki's suitcase battle checks in to Supreme Court
- US Court "strongly recommends" mediation
- UK IPO recap
- Five year dispute over four chocolate fingers
- Regulation and Nuisance – a two-pronged attack
- Michelmores sponsor Made in the South West Awards
- IP clinches deals in the Den
- Nike jumping for joy as trade mark opposition is rejected by the UK Intellectual Property Office
- Face-off between Nivea and Unilever continues
- Competition Update for the Manufacturing Sector
- Lego’s 3D men stand tall after winning latest trade mark battle
- MK Test wins Deal of the Year for Aerospace MBO
- Court of Appeal refuses to stretch the meaning of a settlement agreement for H&M in patent dispute
- Investing in Manufacturing
- Electronic Disclosure – protecting your confidential information in court proceedings
- Second success for Sky as the Supreme Court rules Sky's use of "NOW TV" is not 'passing off'
- 'Battle of the skys' - Sky prevents Skype trade mark registration in long-running dispute
- Zero hours contracts – what are the likely legal constraints post-election?
- Court of Appeal overturns SCRAMBLE mix up by the High Court
- ECJ rules that EU copyright infringement claims can be brought in any member state where the infringing website is accessible
- Standardised cigarette packaging to be implemented in May 2016
- UK Copyright law change – in 2020
- Product recall – five top tips for maximising insurance cover
- Protect your company name
- Good faith in contracts
- 'Best Value Clauses
- Trade mark dispute is hazy for cider manufacturers
- Proving copyright ownership is not smooth sailing for Innocent
- Trunki rides on to Supreme Court
- 3D Printing is still 'pumping'
- Rihanna still comes out on top in Court of Appeal decision
- Graphene – a new miracle in the material world - Q&A with Dr David Horsell
- The patent box is up and running − but for how long?
- Company ownership: transparency and trust
- Asset Auctions: Online vs Traditional
- Women in Manufacturing: it's about being capable
- Michelmores sponsors manufacturing awards
- Counterfeit products: When imitation is not the best form of flattery
- New Act to modernise Intellectual Property Law
- Michelmores Sponsors Made in Devon Event
- Food Labelling
- Holiday Pay Entitlement
- Will Access to Funding Hold Back Manufacturing?
- Consultation on 'Minimum Meat Content' in Meat Products
- The EU PFN Scheme recognises West Country Beef and Lamb
- Great beginnings – the importance of distinctive origin
- Michelmores applauds manufacturing awards
- Michelmores extends international credentials in Mongolian bank deal
- Pledged Crackdown on Zero Hours
Get in touch
- Advising the Graphic Group on the acquisition of Calflex USA, Graphic’s multi-million joint venture in China and the acquisition of Printra in Denmark.
- Advising Tods Aerospace & Defence Limited on the sale of the business and assets to US-based private equity group AGC Aerospace & Defence.
- Advising the management team on the management buyout (MBO) of Aero Stanrew Limited. Aero Stanrew is one of the UK’s leading designers and manufacturers of specialist electronic components for the global aerospace industry and will now look to exploit emerging overseas markets to increase sales and profits. A four-strong management team acquired a majority stake in the company following the £8.5m MBO, which was backed by WestBridge Fund Managers (WestBridge Capital) and HSBC Bank PLC.
- Advising a construction/engineering apparatus manufacturer on a dispute with an infringer who had registered a domain name that included our client’s trade mark. Following our intervention, the infringer has now agreed to transfer the domain name to our client.
- Advising a furniture manufacturer who designs their own furniture and manufactures in India, who recently found copies of their products on eBay. We are taking legal action against the owner of the eBay page.
- Drafting terms and conditions of supply for a leading vacuum manufacturer.
- Defending an industrial processing company in a prosecution by the Environment Agency for three offences of pollution of a watercourse. We advised during interview under caution and subsequently advised the client to plead guilty. We then investigated the background for court documents, negotiated on sentencing and conducted advocacy at the Magistrates Court. We were able to explain the full facts and mitigating circumstances to the Magistrate and secured a very low level fine for the company.
- Successfully guiding a large, multi-national manufacturer through the employment aspects of the closure of one of its UK factories, and a major restructuring at another site.
- Providing strategic advice to a manufacturer on the establishment of an appropriate employee-representative forum, to work alongside a recognised union.
- Guiding a household-name baby clothing manufacturer through the process of terminating its Australian distributor without litigation. As a direct result, they were able to appoint a replacement distributor, which has significantly boosted sales and saved costs.