Energy: Property & Land Aspects
Our experienced real estate team provides advice and assistance on all property aspects of renewable energy projects. We cover all types of generation, including solar (ground- and roof-mounted), wind, hydro and AD.
We have experience acting for landowners, developers and tenants alike, as well as advising on the property aspects of the funding of projects, and on sites across the country.
The team works closely with our planning, agriculture, environmental, commercial, corporate, banking, construction and tax colleagues in order to provide a seamless service, enabling us to act and advise on all issues which may be encountered on energy projects.
Our clients include:
British Solar Renewables, Gamma Solutions S.L., Downing, REDS Investments Limited, Gamesa Wind UK Limited, Ethical Power Group Limited and Merepark.
Get in touch
- Advising developers on the roll-out of large, multi-site commercial and residential rooftop solar PV schemes, including preparing the forms of lease for the developer and advising upon the practicalities of entering into over 1,000 leases with residential occupiers, commercial occupiers and building owners, where legal representation of the occupiers and owners was not guaranteed.
- Advising a solar PV special purpose vehicle in connection with a free rooftop PV scheme for up to 25,000 properties in partnership with a housing association. This included drafting the agreement for lease and lease documentation and advising the company in connection with the potential disposal of the special purpose vehicle.
- Acting for Gamma Solutions S.L. on the property aspects of its acquisition of 12MW Chisbon Solar Farm.
- Acting for REI on the property aspects of its domestic and commercial rooftop portfolios.
- Acting for Ethical Power on its commercial rooftop and ground-mounted solar portfolios.
- Acting for CTF Solar GmbH on the property due diligence for 2 ground-mounted solar sites.