Anne is a partner in the Commercial team and leads the Technology & Innovation practice in London. She joined Michelmores from Macfarlanes in 2022.
She has been advising clients in the technology, communications, data and infrastructure sector for over 25 years, including as in-house lawyer at BT, Vodafone and Balfour Beatty.
She was General Counsel and a co-founder of Storm Telecom, where she advised on the roll-out of its European and US fibre network, and on all regulatory and commercial legal matters. She also managed corporate finance projects, including a management buy-out backed by Soros Private Equity. She was General Counsel of Sodexo UK, responsible for all legal support to the UK operations, and was Head of Legal at Tesco Mobile and at Infinity SDC, a data centre operator.
Anne has expertise in drafting and negotiating agreements with a heavy technology, intellectual property and data component including technology outsourcing and procurement, software and app licensing and development, cloud services and data centres. She also advises on GDPR compliance.
She has also experience in energy, retail & leisure, and financial services sectors and has advised on a wide range of commercial agreements and customer terms and conditions including in relation to outsourcing, franchising, hotel operations, facilities management and fuel supply.
- Extensive international experience.
- LLM, Computer & Communications Law, Queen Mary, University of London
- Member of Society for Computers & Law; AI Committee
- Member of OpenUK Legal Committee
- Member of International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Languages spoken: French
- Advising a major UK financial services institution on its retail services digital proposition and various matters related to the operation of its digital estate.
- Advising an international energy supplier on a SaaS agreement with the provider of its trading platform, the refresh of key IT services agreements and data protection requirements. Also advising them on fuel supply agreements with key wholesale and infrastructure customers and developing new suite of standard agreements for the supply of fuel.
- Advising a financial services client on its response to a cyber breach and its requirements to make notifications to ICO / FCA and affected persons.
- Advising an information services provider on an international software development outsourcing agreement and UK GDPR requirements for international transfer of data.
- Advising a 5* hotel owner on an operation and management agreement with a major hotel operating chain along with the associated IT services agreement to support the booking and accounts systems. Also advising on various restaurant franchise agreements to be located within the hotel.