The Regulatory team advises on all aspects of regulatory and public law, including health and safety, marine, financial and environmental regulation, judicial review and a wide range of general regulatory matters. These include Food Labelling, Trading Standards, European Chemicals Agency (REACH Regulations), Security Industry Authority and Goods Vehicle Operator Licensing. The Regulatory team's practice also covers regulatory compliance and enforcement.
If there is an incident, Andrew Oldland QC's in-depth knowledge of acting for regulators enables the team to advise clients from the outset of any incident of the early steps that they need to take to minimise the risk of prosecution, and to negotiate appropriate settlement. If there is a prosecution, Andrew is well placed to advise on its likely outcome. The team is able to provide seamless advice from the start of a matter right through to its conclusion, with Andrew acting as an experienced and highly skilled advocate in any Court proceedings.
Andrew was previously standing counsel to HM Revenue and Customs and a member of the 'A' list of counsel for the Serious Fraud Office.
Get in touch
- Advising and representing a nationwide company with regard to a Trading Standards investigation, prosecution and related negotiations.
- Advising and representing an international manufacturer in relation to a prohibition notice issued against its product halting all production.
- Advising an employer with regard to investigations into a work-place fatality and potential prosecution.
- Advising a nationwide company in relation to Driver Vehicle Standards Agency matters including Goods Vehicle Operator Licensing.
- Advising an international organisation in relation to European Chemicals Agency matters associated with the REACH Regulations.
- Advising an major international company in relation to Security Industry Authority matters including compliance with the Private Security Industry Act 2001.
- Advising in relation to an Environment Agency investigation and potential prosecution.
- Advising in relation to Judicial Review proceedings.