Wealth management has been through an almost unprecedented level of regulatory change and we have a deep working knowledge of the opportunities and challenges facing firms in this area.
We are experienced in advising clients from the financial planning, investment management and private banking disciplines on corporate, commercial and regulatory issues. In addition, our nationally recognised Private Wealth team has long standing relationships with high net worth individuals, business owners and families who use wealth management services. We understand the key issues driving the sector from both sides of the fence, as well as the pitfalls, and apply our know-how in an efficient and practical way.
- Interpretation of family trusts: case update Millar v Millar
- How does Stamp Duty Land Tax affect the purchase of residential property for trusts?
- Michelmores contribute to the STEP Handbook for Advisers
- Estate Planning Opportunities Arising out of the India/UK Double Tax Treaty
- Protecting family wealth
- Mis-Selling Review 2014
Get in touch
- Advising Macquarie Group in relation to it taking a majority stake in a directly authorised IFA firm.
- Drafting discretionary management mandates for the provision of model portfolio services to professional and retail clients.
- Drafting sponsorship agreements for OEICs and model portfolios governing the appointment and removal of Authorised Corporate Directors (ACDs) and selection of investment manager.
- Drafting RDR compliant Terms of Business and advisor charging provisions.
- Drafting and reviewing wrap and platform agreements including advising on the resilience of IT infrastructure and data security.
- Defending a number of firms being pursued by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme in relation to the sale of Key Data investment products including advising on PI coverage and negotiating settlements.
- Resolving complaints and claims relating to Unregulated Collective Investment Schemes on behalf of investors and firms through the FOS, FSCS, mediation and High Court litigation.