With the largest Agricultural team in the country, Michelmores offers practical and commercial advice to landowners, farming businesses, landed estates, institutions and others with interests in land and the wider rural economy.
Our dedicated Rural Property Solicitors understand your industry and is ranked as top tier by independent legal directory Chambers & Partners. Where required, we are able to draw on the expertise of our Contentious Agriculture, Energy and Renewables, Planning and Environment and Tax, Trusts and Succession teams to provide comprehensive advice on a wide range of matters.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) - options for landowners facing busy public rights of way
- Restrictive Covenants: Modifying covenants and Class Q
- Michelmores successfully opposes bridleway order
- Development: Pitfalls of agricultural tenancies
- Rural dwellings: A residential revolution
- Charities and land
- Tenancy Notices: the risks of a Royal Mail delivery one year on
- Are listed buildings exempt from EPC and MEES restrictions?
- Residential lettings: March of the regulations
- Taking the complication out of overage arrangements
- Building Regulations – A Reminder
- Acting for a landed estate in connection with the grant of an option to a quality house builder. The deal included the moving of an agricultural tenant and provided for the development of the site in various phases. The land owner was keen to maintain the integrity and high reputation of the estate amongst the local community.
- Advising on the corporate disposal of a multi-million pound commercial farming operation, advice included complex taxation considerations.
- The team frequently advise landed estates in connection with the grant and administration of agricultural and sporting tenancies.
- Purchasing a substantial agricultural farming company, which involved managing a team of 15 lawyers who provided specific strategic advice on the corporate company planning, environmental, employment ,development opportunities ,commercial contracts as well as property which extended to some 2500 acres of farmland, 35 residential properties, commercial lets and joint venture agreements over an additional 1500 acres.
- Negotiation of a lease over 150 acres for a potential solar farm. This involved the negotiation of the commercial terms dealing with and perfecting title issues and working closely with the Tax and Trust team to ensure a tax efficient structure was set up to maximise Inheritance Tax relief.