In addition to representing clients in court proceedings, mediations, arbitrations and other kinds of property dispute resolution, our experienced Property Litigation Solicitors can offer specialist legal advice on a variety of property issues and problems.
The team acts for a range of clients, including government departments and bodies, local authorities, educational and ecclesiastical institutions, commercial and residential developers and investors, and numerous private individuals in relation to property which they own or occupy.
- What is Japanese Knotweed and why is it a property sale/lease problem?
- Staycation Specials: To Airbnb or not to Airbnb?
- Government update "How To Rent" guide
- COVID-19 - latest pandemic tips for business landlords
- Business in the new normal? Pandemic-proofing a commercial lease
- Possession Proceedings: What will happen when the stay is lifted?
- Telecoms: New Code creates confusion
- Preventing Airbnb type sub-lettings
- COVID-19 - Employment law digest: returning to work – 11 May 2020
- COVID-19 – Employment law update digest – 04 May 2020
- Coronavirus and business tenancies - landlords' rent collection options restricted further
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) - further questions on residential eviction proceedings
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) - effect on rural businesses
- Coronavirus - lease management for business landlords
- Coronavirus – effects on business landlords and tenants – 'fake news'
- Coronavirus - lease management for business tenants
- Coronavirus Business Legal Hour - 02.04.20
- Coronavirus update - insurance implications of unoccupied premises
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) and eviction proceedings
- Coronavirus - forced to abandon shop?
- Coronavirus and rent – tips for business landlords
- Coronavirus and rent – tips for business tenants
- Coronavirus and property development
- Court of Appeal takes rare step of intervening in an arbitration
- Compulsory Purchase - the Budget and the Letwin Report
- Vendor beware; misrepresentations and exclusion clauses in property transactions
- Restructuring rent arrears: The risks of an oral agreement
- 2018 property trends
- High Court rules 'candy-cane' stripes on Kensington House can stay
- Trees and encroachment – getting to the root of the problem
- Grain and Arbitration
- Commercial Rent Arrears Recovery ("CRAR") : The Basics
- Removing Trespassers from Land
- Lease or Licence?
- Town and Village Greens – what is new?
- Community Infrastructure Levy – what residential developers need to know
Get in touch
- Acting for a high profile solicitor in relation to a fiercely contested property claim against former partners leading to a successful outcome following a 10 day trial in Bristol. This was a very personal dispute both for our client and for the other parties involved.
- Acting for a high-profile leisure group on a £1m+ property litigation dispute. The client and its investors needed a strategy to gain extra time in which to deal with the issue. We led the discussions and strategy, involving multiple city-based advisors. The strategy provided by us successfully avoided any action being taken against the client and also any need to pay.
- Acting for a UK-based international airport in relation to attempts by a third party to threaten the ongoing operation of the airport through spurious claims and allegations. Within 48 hours of taking the matter on, we had secured possession of a large hanger at the airport which had previously been occupied by the other side. We have also successfully dealt with other related issues using a strategy based around the threat of injunctions.
- Advising on a proposed sale of leasehold interest in commercial premises in London, where the landlord had a right of first refusal. Her consideration of the legal and valuation issues achieved a favourable settlement for the client.
- Advising a multi-national corporate client on the law of distress and negotiating a settlement agreement preventing the landlord from auctioning items distrained against.