Company Secretarial Services
By law, most companies incorporated in the UK are required to fulfil certain statutory obligations contained in the Companies Acts and other applicable legislation. Our Company Secretarial team ensures that all compliance work is handled promptly and accurately, freeing you up to focus on running your business. Our dedicated team provides a wide range of services, from company formations to company secretarial services, easing the administrative burden for you.
We provide company formation services for incorporating private companies limited by shares or by guarantee, including:
- Property Management Companies
- Community Interest Companies (CICs)
- Right to Manage (RTM) companies
- Trade associations or organisations
- Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs)
We also provide incorporation services for:
- Public Limited Companies (PLCs)
- Limited Partnerships (LPs)
- Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs)
Most of the applications are registered online through our in-house incorporation system which enables us to incorporate companies electronically. The company formation service includes a name check at Companies House and a basic check of the Trademark Register. We are also able to provide an express service for company incorporation so long as instructions are received before 12pm.
Please contact the Company Secretarial Services team for our current tariffs.
Overview of our Services
Incorporation of a UK Registered Private Limited Company
The company formation service includes both Companies House and agents fees, comprises:
- Name check at Companies House and basic search on the Trademark Register
- Your choice of share capital
- Printed share certificates
- Your choice of subscribing members
- Electronic and hard copy Certificate of Incorporation;
- Your choice of founding Directors and Secretary (optional for private companies)
- Electronic and hard copy Memorandum and Articles of Association; and
- Preparation of the company books and writing up of the statutory registers
Incorporation of a UK Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
Electronic registration includes appointment of Members/Designated Members and preparation of the LLP’s statutory registers in electronic and paper format.
Company Secretarial – Full Service (for private companies or LLPs)
This package enables companies to pass the company secretarial function to Michelmores to manage on their behalf. This package includes the following services:
- Provision of Registered Office - Michelmores address as the company’s (or LLP’s) registered office address
- Provision of a corporate nominee Company Secretary – Michelmores Secretaries Limited acting as company secretary (available for private companies only)
- The company’s (or LLP’s) statutory books kept in Michelmores’ strong room for safekeeping
- Updating and maintaining of the company’s (or LLP’s) statutory registers
- Ensuring that all routine documentation is filed with Companies House (e.g. confirmation statement, dormant company accounts); and
- All correspondence received on behalf of the company (or LLP) will be forwarded to the relevant officer(s) or to the company’s (or LLP’s) normal trading address
Michelmores’ address will be used as the SAIL address in respect of the company’s (or LLP’s) statutory books. We will ensure that all routine documentation is filed at Companies House, including the confirmation statement and will maintain the company’s (or LLP’s) statutory books.
Registered Office Service
Michelmores’ address will simply be used as the company’s (or LLP’s) registered office address. All correspondence received for the company (or LLP) will be forwarded to the company’s (or LLP’s) normal trading address.
Directors Service Address (or LLPs Designated Members Service Address)
Directors (or Designated Members in respect of LLPs) can now prevent their residential address from being placed on the public register by registering a service address. Michelmores are able to provide directors with a service address at either our Exeter, London or Bristol office. We will lodge with Companies House the necessary forms for the removal of your residential details from the public register and replace it with our address.
SAIL (Single Alternative Inspection Location for Statutory Books)
The company (or LLP) may keep its records for public inspection at a single alternative inspection location (SAIL), rather than at the company’s (or LLPs) registered office, provided Companies House is notified of this. Michelmores can provide you with this service by lodging the necessary form with Companies House so that Michelmores’ address will be used as the SAIL address of the company (or LLP). Michelmores will hold the statutory registers of the company (or LLP) which will be kept in the firm’s strongroom for safekeeping.
Nomineee Shareholder Service
Michelmores Nominees Limited will be registered as the owner of shares in a company held for the benefit of another person (the beneficial owner). The beneficial owner may choose to appoint a nominee because it does not wish to have the shares registered in his/her own name. Michelmores Nominees Limited will execute a declaration of trust or enter into a nominee agreement with the beneficial owner in respect of such shares.
Other Company Secretarial Services
- Statutory registers - updating, writing up or reconstruction
- Change of company name
- Preparation of board minutes or resolutions
- Allotment or transfer of shares
- Changes to directors or secretaries
- Filing of statutory documents at Companies House (such as confirmation statements and/or dormant accounts)
Business Starter Packs
Our Company Secretarial Team also offers a range of Business Starter Packs designed to provide you with essential legal documents, support and commercial advice in a cost effective way. You can find out more about our starter packs here.
If you require any additional information for our Company Secretarial services, please contact Caroline Lavis on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01392 687641.
- Coronavirus - Companies House and HMRC relax filing requirements
- An introduction to electronic signing of documents
- Participation by shareholders in virtual meetings and electronic voting
- How to manage your board's multiple directorships and conflicts of interest
- The New Corporate Governance Rules for Large Private Companies
- Should I purchase a rental property through a limited company?
- Changes to the PSC Regime – what does it mean for you?
- Register of people with significant control of companies
- Protect your company name