Andrew Oldland QC
- Civil Fraud and Asset Recovery
- Crisis Management
- Fisheries Protection
- Fraud & Financial Crime
- Harbour Dues
- Harbour Empowerment and Revision Orders
- Health & Safety
- Landed Estates
- Litigation & Regulatory Disputes
- Local Government
- Marine Licensing & Coastal Planning
- Marine Regulation
- Reputation Management and Defamation
- Finance and Investment
"Good practical advice"
Legal 500 2015
Andrew Oldland QC is the Firm's Senior Partner. He is the first barrister to hold this role within a Top 100 law firm.
As Head of the Financial Services team and Head of the Regulatory team, Andrew has extensive experience in financial regulation and financial crime, including anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and offences under the Companies Acts. Andrew was previously standing counsel to HM Revenue and Customs and a member of the 'A' list of counsel for the Serious Fraud Office. He is recognised as a specialist in restraint and confiscation proceedings.
Andrew is frequently quoted in the national and international press on investigations such as LIBOR, Forex and high profile corruption investigations.
Andrew is also one of the leading lawyers in the country on maritime and fisheries regulation. His maritime practice includes complex marine licensing and planning issues, port and harbour governance, collisions at sea, onboard accidents and pollution.
Having been a member of the Attorney-General's 'A' list of counsel, consequently Andrew has a wide range of regulatory expertise including health & safety, transport, environmental protection, data protection, food labelling and product recall. He regularly acts for large corporate clients and their insurers on the full range of regulatory and criminal matters.
Andrew is a highly experienced advocate and is able to provide continuity of representation from initial advice through to the conclusion of any court or tribunal proceedings.
Andrew has been a Recorder of the Crown Court (part-time judge) since 2004, and is one of the brightest lawyers that you will encounter.
- Advising in respect of the criminal investigation into the takeover of Rangers Football Club.
- Advising an international investment fund in respect of an anti-corruption investigation in China.
- Advising on the FCA regulatory requirements for Forex and trade finance houses.
- Advising on a marine licence application for a £235m South coast development.