Michelmores considers COVID-19 group actions against insurers
Michelmores' specialist policyholder Insurance Team is considering launching a series of group actions on behalf of businesses affected by the Coronavirus pandemic who have had their Business Interruption claims declined by insurers.
Our team has currently identified the following insurers, whose policies it believes may respond to the current circumstances:
- Aviva (in particular Resilience policies)
- Hiscox / Geo Specialty
- NFU Mutual (in particular Commercial Select)
- RSA (in particular, those administered by Eaton Gate MGU Ltd)
- New India Assurance
- Ecclesiastical (in particular Historic Britain Insurance)
- Argenta Syndicate 2121 (in particular those arranged by HIUA)
If your business has business interruption insurance with one of these insurers and you would like to register your interest in a potential group action, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following details:
- Name of policyholder
- Name of Insurer
- Copy of Insurance Policy if available
All information provided will be kept confidential and not shared with anyone outside of Michemores LLP.
Garbhan Shanks has consulted with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in respect of their proposed declaratory proceedings and has asked the FCA to include wordings from the above listed insurers as part of their test case.
For more information on our specialist policyholder Insurance Team, visit our website.