Thank you for taking part in our marathon challenge in support of mental wellbeing.
Our priority continues to be the health and wellbeing of our community so we decided to host our Michelmores Charity Run a little differently this year. Our brand new virtual event set participants the challenge of running a marathon in a week, either as an individual or as part of a team, in aid of our charity of the year, the Charlie Waller Trust.
It was a brilliant opportunity to dust off those running shoes, get out into the fresh air and boost our fitness and mental wellbeing.
- The Michelmores Marathon for Mental Wellbeing took place over seven days from 7 June to 13 June 2021. In that time, the goal was to run 26.2 miles (42km) in total.
- Participants took part solo or got together with friends, family or colleagues to create a team of two or four people.
- You could choose to run the marathon all in one go, over the weekend, or run three or four miles each day; as long as you / your team covered 26.2 miles by the end of the week, it was up to you.
- You could run wherever and whenever you liked. Whether that was doing laps of your local park, pounding the streets of your town, or using a running machine – the goal was the same: 26.2 miles in a week.
- Some tried beating their PB or having a crack at covering the distance solo - those wanting to tackle the challenge on their own were able to enter as an individual.
- Go the extra mile and do your own fundraising. You'll not only be supporting the Charlie Waller Trust, but if you raise over £25, you'll also be in a prize draw to win a £150 Mindful Chef voucher! To start your own fundraising and to enter our prize draw, please join our JustGiving team. Please note that your name will be visible to everyone that visits the webpage. The winner of the prize draw will be notified after the run. Please do get in touch with Kat Fortson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Prize winners will be announced soon!
- Fastest Male single session marathon
- Fastest Female single session marathon
- Fastest Male 5k Split
- Fastest Female 5k Split
- Fastest male (overall distance)
- Fastest female (overall distance)
- Fastest team of 2 (overall distance)
- Fastest team of 4 (overall distance)
- Largest number of runners entered from a single organisation/running club
- Best picture taken en route
- The Good Eggs… most enthusiastic team
- Entry into a prize draw for a £150 Mindful Chef voucher for everyone that raises £25 or more!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a minimum age requirement?
Minimum age for participants in the event is 16.
Can we change team members once we have signed up?
Details of team members do not need to be provided on sign up, only the name of the Team Captain. All race t-shirts and pack info will be sent to your Team Captain.
How can I upload my runs?
Can we change team captain details?
If you need to change the name or details of the Team Captain, please contact our Events Team at email@example.com and a member of the team will be able to assist you.
Can we run as an individual and as part of a team?
You are able to run as an individual as well as part of a team. However, any distance covered can only be entered once. You are not permitted to a leg of miles covered for the inclusion in both your individual and group target.
Can I change my t-shirt size?
Event t-shirts will be sent on a first come, first served basis when it comes to sizing. Once you have signed up, you are unable to change the size of your t-shirt ordered.
How do I set up my fundraising page on JustGiving?
To join our team and be entered into the prize draw, please following these instructions.
- Visit our fundraising team page and scroll down to 'Join the team'.
- Click on 'Join the team' and log into your JustGiving account.
- If you haven't already set up your own fundraising page, click 'create your fundraising page'.
- It will then ask you to search for an organised event that you are doing to raise money. Please click 'Describe your own event' and select the following.
- Event type: A personal run / marathon
- Event name: Michelmores Marathon for Mental Wellbeing'
- Event date (optional): 7 June 2021
- Your fundraising target will be automatically set to £25, as this is the minimum required to enter our prize draw.
- Add a fundraising page link
- Press continue.
- Please note that this event is not eligible for gift aid, so please select no for both questions in this section.
- You can then complete your page and start sharing this with family and friends!
Please note that your name will be visible to anyone that visible the team fundraising page. The winner of the prize draw will be notified after the run. Please do get in touch with Kat Fortson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Can I get a refund?
All bookings are non-refundable with 100% of proceeds going to our Charity of the Year, the Charlie Waller Trust.
When will I receive information on the webinar?
Details and joining instructions about the webinar hosted by the Charlie Waller Trust will be emailed the week before the run. For more information, please contact email@example.com
What about COVID-19 Restrictions?
While taking part in the Michelmores Marathon for Mental Wellbeing, please continue to ensure that you observe all current and relevant COVID-19 restrictions that are in place in your area. For current guidelines, please visit GOV.UK.
Please continue to take care and stay safe.
What is the time frame for submitting mileage?
All running data must be entered by 23:59 on 14 June 2021 on the dedicated platform.
How will the largest team be judged?
When entering as a team or individual, please state if you are part of a running club or the company which you work for. We will award the club and company who have submitted the most entries.
Signed up as individuals - can we form a team?
If you have signed up as an individual but would like to be added to a team, please email our Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with your full name and the team that you would like to join.
Frequently Asked Questions - Submitting Your Runs
When is the deadline to submit my run(s)?
Please submit your run(s) by 11:59 on Monday 14 June 2021.
I don't have access to include a GPS link
Please email picture(s) of your GPS device showing the distance run and the time taken to email@example.com. Please ensure to include your name, email address, and entry type into this email so that it can be processed.
Who should I contact if I have any queries about uploading my run(s)?
For all queries regarding submitting your run(s), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am running on a treadmill which isn't connected to a GPS app. How do I submit my runs?
Please email picture(s) of your treadmill screen showing the distance run and the time taken to email@example.com. Please ensure to include your name, email address and entry type into this email so that it can be processed.
How do I convert my miles into kilometres?
Please use this converter if you need to convert your miles into kilometres.
I am having some issues uploading my GPS data
Please do feel free to send a photo of your device (showing the distance and the time taken) to firstname.lastname@example.org as supporting evidence for your submission.