Health & Safety
Our Health and Safety Solicitors advises and acts for corporate clients, private clients, and public authorities facing investigation and prosecution by the Health and Safety Executive, and their respective insurers.
As a Legal 500 Leading Individual and member of the Attorney-General's 'A panel', Andrew Oldland QC was instructed by the HSE to advise and prosecute in some of its most serious and difficult cases. We offer continuity of representation throughout the legal process and our in-depth knowledge of acting for the HSE enables our team to advise clients from the outset of the early steps that they need to take to minimise the risk of prosecution, and if there is a prosecution, its likely outcome.
Certain industry areas are considered to be particularly high risk. HSE statistics show that the construction and agricultural industries have some of the worst fatal accident records of any major employment sectors. Through working closely with our dedicated and experienced Construction and Agricultural and Rural Business Teams we are able to provide industry-tailored advice to clients in relation to investigations and prosecutions arising from such incidents.
We advise on all aspects of health and safety legislation including compliance, and appeals against improvement and prohibition notices.
- In Brief: Farm cottage lettings and the Electrical Safety Regulations
- COVID-19 – Employment law digest – 18 May 2020
- COVID-19 - balancing privacy and a global health crisis: is contact tracing the answer?
- COVID-19 – new guidance for the construction sector
- COVID-19 – protective measures for back to school
- COVID-19 - Government's "plan to rebuild" 12 May 2020
- Coronavirus and the construction industry - uncertain times
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) - effect on rural businesses
- Health & Safety offences look set to increase
- Breaches of Environmental and Health and Safety Law: the Fines