Food & Drink
The Food & Drink Team works with clients involved in all aspects of the manufacture, supply, distribution and sale of food and drink. We provide a full range of legal services, giving you access to specialists in the areas key to your business. Alongside this, we have an in-depth knowledge of the issues and challenges specific to the food and drink sector.
Our clients include:
- Coca Cola tastes the feeling of success as trade mark opposition successful
- Michelmores Advise on £2m Crowdcube Fundraise
- Protected UK food names post-Brexit
- Michelmores sponsors the Food Reader Awards 2016
- Modern Slavery Act 2015
- Health & Safety offences look set to increase
- Michelmores sponsors Devon Life Food and Drink Awards 2015
- Employment Law: Prevent it going Pear-Shaped
- Bringing home the bacon – an overview of EU 'protected name status'
- The ‘Kat that didn’t get the cream – Cadbury prevents Nestle’s attempts to trade mark its four-fingered KitKat shape.
- Cheese makers encouraged to consider "protected name" status for their produce
- Food & Drink sector - holiday pay ruling: how much?!
- Shared parental leave: leaving the employer holding the baby?
- Trade mark dispute is hazy for cider manufacturers
- Food Labelling
- Consultation on 'Minimum Meat Content' in Meat Products
- The EU PFN Scheme recognises West Country Beef and Lamb
- Great beginnings – the importance of distinctive origin
- Tasting (a Lot of) the West’s Best Food, All in the Name of Work!
- Legal definition of 'free range' helps consumers make an ethical choice
Get in touch
- Advising on the assignment of rights in logos from design consultants to a client’s business, related to corporate disposal of a household dairy brand.
- Advising on the supply of a range of bakery products to Tesco and Tesco Express stores nationwide, including overseas supply arrangements, price variation mechanisms and escrow facilities.
- Drafting standard supply contracts for a packaging group operating in the retail supply chain, to minimise the client’s exposure.
- Advising on the supply of processed Spanish and Italian meats to a leading supermarket chain.
- Acting for investors in a $20m investment in a palm oil plantation in Sierra Leone.
- Acting for investors on a $24m investment in table eggs business for domestic and regional consumption in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Advising on a long term supply relationship between a South African vegetable grower and a UK based importer.
- Drafting standard purchase and supply contracts for a leading fruit processing business.
- Advising on defence of employment tribunal claims (unfair dismissal/ discrimination) for a leading European vegetable producer.
- Advising on a commercial joint venture between branded a juice company and an international fruit and vegetable growing business for the development and launch of a vegetable based energy drink.
- Advising on a European labelling requirements for an artisan vodka producer.
- Advising a South American fruit supplier in relation to European agency and distributorship agreements.
- Advising on a dispute concerning tainted and mis-described ingredients supplied to a UK client via a broker from a Turkish fruit and vegetable grower.
- Advising a vegetable producer client in respect of the judicial review of planning permission for enabling development relating to growing facilities.
- Advising on a dispute relating to a new bottling line for a beverage manufacturer.
- Advising on a £40m funding facility for leading UK regional brewery.