Sustainable Agriculture publication – January 2021
The last twelve months has cemented a realisation of the fragility of our relationship with nature. Whilst we have seen a renewed sense of value for our open spaces and natural world, we are now faced with the challenge of how we balance preserving and enhancing our natural world with tackling the deepest recession since records began.
In this edition of Sustainable Agriculture:
- Rachel O’Connor considers what a “green recovery” looks like for farming against the backdrop of a global pandemic.
- Seema Nanua provides an overview of the Agriculture Act 2020 including a summary of the financial support proposed for farmers and land owners.
- Helen Bray provides us with further insight on proposals for how we assess Natural Capital.
- Adam Quint considers the Government’s proposals for the Energy and Green Finance Sector.
- Josie Edwards considers the recommendations of the World Resources Institute report “Creating a Sustainable Future”.
- We are also delighted to be able to provide some key information on Michelmores’ MAINstream network for business angel investors and entrepreneurs and the MiVentures programme which provides support for ambitious, early stage businesses.
The Michelmores Agriculture team is the national specialist in agricultural law and a trusted advisor ranked as a top tier team by independent legal guide Legal 500. For an overview of our areas of expertise, please click here