"Works really hard for his clients. He tries to cover all angles, the legal and the practical, seeks feedback during negotiations to make sure of client satisfaction and engagement throughout. He gives pragmatic advice and really goes into battle to get the best outcome."
Legal 500 2017
Legal 500 2015
"He has a great understanding of the business of charity and the challenges facing the sector."
Tony is the Head of the Disputed Wills team.
Tony advises on disputes involving legacies and the validity of wills, together with a wide range of other disputes involving estates and trusts. This work incorporates claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Families and Dependants) Act 1975, claims regarding mental capacity, difficulties with executors, and equitable claims, including proprietary estoppel, undue influence and fraud.
Tony also acts for a number of national charities in a relation to legacy disputes.
Tony is an accredited mediator, and on the National Committee of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists.
Tony loves all sport, and once a keen footballer, he has now turned his talents to golf.
- Successfully acting for the adult children regarding a claim under The Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- Acting on behalf of the defendants in a High Court trial regarding the complicated issue of testamentary capacity.
- Acting for the spouse of a famous artist in relation to the provisions of his Will.
- Securing a settlement in a case involving a complex estate with aspects relating to Texan law.
- Acting in a complex dispute in the Court of Protection on behalf of the spouse of the owner of a high value property investment business.
- Advising County Homesearch, in the case of County Homesearch Co (Thames & Chilterns) Ltd v Cowham  1 W.L.R 909, involving implied contract terms and the application of the doctrine of the effective cause in a home finder situation.