"pragmatic and sensible"
"very calm and very considered - he draws my attention to all the right things and doesn't waste time."
"Richard has a wealth of experience in commercial transactions."
Richard is Head of the Corporate Team, co–head of the Private Wealth sector and is a member of the Manufacturing and Retail Teams. He specialises in corporate and commercial work in a variety of sectors for companies and individuals. He advises Full list and AIM-listed clients on stock exchange and compliance issues. His focus in the Private Wealth sector is on owner managers and entrepreneurs at all stages of the business cycle. He has a particular interest in technology and innovation.
After reading law at Cambridge University, Richard qualified in the City at Olswang, where he worked for 7 years dealing with mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts and fundraisings for a range of clients, from small private companies to major listed PLCs, before becoming Head of Legal at a FTSE listed technology PLC in London.
Richard joined Bond Pearce (now Bond Dickinson) as a corporate finance partner in 2003, where he was Head of the Media and Technology Team, led the AIM practice and was involved in numerous high value corporate transactions in the technology, retail, property and energy sectors. He joined Michelmores in 2010. He is ranked No.1 in the Chambers list of leading individuals for corporate law in the South West.
Richard enjoys rugby, tennis and playing guitar.
- Acting for Orchard Funding Group plc on its AIM IPO
- Advising on the MBO of Calendar Club – a 300 store retailer and print publishing business.
- Advising a healthcare technology company on a successful exit strategy.
- Advising aerospace electronics manufacturer Aero Stanrew on its £42m sale
- Acting for Haynes Publishing Group plc on recent acquisitions
- Advising on EIS fundraisings for several funds and early stage vehicles.
- Acting for European private equity investors in the sale of their large stake in a Mongolian Financial Services group.
- Acting for the founders of Magic Seaweed on a share sale to Surf Stitch.
- Acting for Pay4Later on its co-operation agreement with Close Brothers for innovative online credit service provision.
- Acting on the £600m sale of Mint Hotels to Blackstone.