Jo is an Associate in the Projects team at Michelmores with over 8 years' experience and has recently been individually recognised by Legal 500 UK as a Rising Star in her practice area and region.
Jo advises on a variety of PFI and PPP projects and has experience across various central governmental departments, other public sector bodies, including Universities and NHS Trusts, and private sector service providers, with an increasing focus on the facilities management sector.
Jo advises private sector entities, including ISS Mediclean Limited (part of the ISS Group) in relation to its UK PFI projects, particularly within the Healthcare sector. Jo provides ongoing support to ISS on a variety of its long-term projects on a range of complex issues, including payment disputes, service reconfiguration and variations.
Jo also advises Barking, Havering & Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust in relation to its PFI Project Agreement with Catalyst, particularly in relation to its programme to achieve operational savings from its existing PFI and commercial contracts.
- Advising a local authority in relation to the procurement of an operator for it local innovation centre, the purpose of which is to create the infrastructure to support and enable the involvement of local SMEs in the growing business of the area;
- Advising Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust in relation to its contract for an efficiency savings review of the project agreement as a way of identifying savings for the Trust;
- Advising a police authority in relation to its efficiency savings programme and in particular the removal of existing services from its PFI project agreement by way of a deed of variation;
- Providing continued advice to a university in relation to its student accommodation portfolio;
- Providing continued support to a local waste authority in relation to its procurement of a replacement residual and organics waste disposal solution; and
- Advising a leading UK infrastructure investment group on a range of PPP projects in relation to the health and education sectors.