Anna joined Michelmores in 2022 and is a Partner in the Construction and Engineering team.
Anna trained at what is now HCR Hewistons and then spent over 10 years at BPE Solicitors in Cheltenham, acting for a range of developers, contractors, sub-contractors and professionals.
Anna has a mixed caseload of development and dispute resolution work. On project work she deals with everything from risk reviews for consultants and contractors engaged on multi-million pound developments throughout the UK, to providing full procurement strategy, drafting and negotiating services to developers on multi-million pound projects. Anna has worked on a wide variety of projects but has particular experience and expertise in healthcare, education, and retail & leisure.
In addition to project work, Anna regularly supports clients in dispute resolution: both claimant and defendant work under main contracts, sub-contracts and collateral warranties. She prides herself in cutting through the issues and working with her clients and the other parties to achieve commercial resolutions quickly and in a cost-effective manner. Clients have said that Anna's particular strengths lie in her ability to quickly grasp the key issues and provide them with pragmatic options in relation to their case.
In addition to her Client work, Anna is Company Secretary to Constructing Excellence South West, a member of the Society for Construction Law and a member of TeCSA.
- Acting on a number of GP-led surgery development schemes.
- Recently advised a logistics company in relation to the design and build of a 750,000 sq ft ambient and freezer distribution centre.
- Recently advised a regional airport on a number of projects including the procurement of major runway resurfacing works.
- Advised on a number of HE/FE college projects including teaching and accommodation provision. Her experience in this sector includes acting for the education provider, main contractor, sub-contractor and professional team on different projects.
- Has extensive experience acting for banks in relation to development funding. This knowledge is particularly helpful when advising employer, contractor and professional services clients as Anna is acutely aware of what contract terms are currently bankable.
- Has acted for a variety of retail and leisure sector clients including hotels, gyms.