Our wide-ranging benefits package is structured to support the wellbeing of everyone at Michelmores.
Mental and Physical Wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Programme and wellbeing platform, providing you and your family with access to a wealth of health and wellness resources, practical advice and counselling services
- Free corporate membership to Headspace App
- Wellbeing Cash Plan which encourages you to take a more proactive and cost-effective approach to everyday healthcare. You will be able to claim back some of the cost towards basic treatments, such as dental and prescriptions, as well as some treatments such as reflexology, acupuncture, and physiotherapy
- Private Medical Insurance is available to everyone at Michelmores, which provides access to speedier physical and mental health medical treatment via private medical practitioners and hospitals, regardless of your medical history.
- We want you to have an active lifestyle to maintain your health and wellbeing. We offer gym schemes, yoga and relaxation classes, a running club, as well as a Cycle to Work scheme.
- Programme of educational talks and webinars to help support employees and their families wellbeing
- Income Protection
- Season Ticket Loans
- Comprehensive Pension Scheme and financial education programme to help you plan for your retirement through workshops and 121 sessions.
- Life Assurance
- Long service recognition
- Discounts and cashback schemes
- Firmwide Bonus, On the Spot Awards and Individual performance related bonus scheme
- Sports and social clubs (cycle networks, netball, book club, to name a few)
- Give as you Earn Charitable giving
- Buying and Selling Holiday Scheme
- Additional day off for your birthday and at Christmas
- Volunteering days leave
- Opportunities to build connections with the local communities through our pro-bono work and Momentum – our school partnership programme
- There are also many opportunities to support our Charity of the year and Think Green initiative
- Internal peer to peer networking groups and support groups.
Flexible and Agile Working
Our approach is to create a vibrant working environment and give you more flexibility and choice over where you work. Whether you’re in the office or at home, your place of work on a day-to-day basis should be activity-led and depend on the principles laid out in your team’s charter. We believe this approach enables our people to deliver their very best while being supported to achieve the right balance between work and other priorities. Read more about our approach to agile working here. In addition, we support more formal flexible working arrangements such as part time, flexitime, job shares and term time working.
Family and Special Leave Support
We are committed to creating a flexible and family -friendly working environment and offer parental support policies and a broad range of resources, family friendly initiatives and support for those experiences more difficult times.
- Enhanced parental leave pay for up to 26 weeks for all employees who meet the statutory requirements (shared parental leave, maternity and adoption leave)
- Two weeks paid paternity leave
- Paid time off for all employees to attend adoption and antenatal appointments
- Structured programme of support for those going on, during and returning from family leave, including a Family Network and Family Buddy Scheme.
- Up to 10 days paid time off for fertility treatment and for supporting a partner undergoing fertility treatment
- Paid time off and support for new parents who have a premature baby in neonatal care
- Support for those experiencing pregnancy loss, including paid time off, EAP support and phased return to work