Environment issues arise more and more frequently across all areas of business. We recognise that environment risks need to be commercially addressed, that Regulations need careful consideration, and that environment crime can be devastating to defendant companies.
We provide commercial advice on a full range of environment issues. Our team is highly experienced and our Head of Environment, Mark Howard, has been working in environment law and research for over twenty years.
- High court quash solar farm planning permission
- Developer's community contribution
- Personal liability
- Michelmores acts for Downing LLP
- Fracking update - the draft legislation
- Important CRC Alert – Are You Now Excluded?
- Eco Project of the Year
- Breaches of Environmental and Health and Safety Law: the Fines
- Advising on a £14.5m project for the construction and operation of a material recycling facility. This included technical advice on the inclusion of glass, and consideration of TEEP in light of a shifting Government approach to the provision of appropriate guidance.
- Advising a religious institution on the liability for repair and maintenance of a scheduled ancient monument that was of unconfirmed ownership.
- Acting for an international food producer in relation to alleged breaches of condition of its environmental permit, including engagement of specialist technical advisers and negotiation with the local authority.
- Advising a retailer on a prosecution by the Environment Agency for pollution offences, and by the local planning authority for breaches of planning and Tree Preservation Orders.
- Acting for a government agency on the mitigation of impacts to its radar system in relation to a planning application for the development of a wind farm.