Our cross-departmental team covers all aspects of trust disputes. We act for offshore and onshore fiduciaries (both individuals and institutional), intermediaries, family offices and high net worth families and individuals. The team brings together expertise of trusts, tax and private wealth lawyers with highly experienced litigators. We work with trustees based in (and beneficiaries with structures in) many jurisdictions including the UK, Jersey, Guernsey, British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands.
- Interpreting Wills: construction, domicile, and the Administration of Justice Act 1985
- A postcard from Seoul, South Korea
- What right do beneficiaries have to request information from trustees?
- $50m Will forgery: contempt proceedings allowed
- Michelmores grows Disputed Wills and Trusts team
- Crociani and others v Crociani and others
- Trusts and compensation for a vulnerable client
Get in touch
- Acting for trustees in bringing a significant seven figure claim against former advisers in connection with UK tax advice and negligent drafting
- Applying for a deed to be set aside on the basis of a causative mistake
- Providing expert evidence as to UK tax in connection with a Jersey court Hastings Bass application
- Acting for trustees in connection with a beneficiary's UK divorce proceedings including advising as to disclosure and whether the settlement could be nuptial
- Investigating and removing an investment manager on behalf of a hedge fund following breaches of fiduciary duty
- Assisting trustees with a non-court resolution of potential trustee conflicts of interests including agreeing a multi-trust conflicts of interest policy