Charity Legacy Administration
For many years we have represented charities across England and Wales. We are Corporate Partners of the Institute of Legacy Management (ILM).
We work alongside Michelmores' highly regarded Tax, Trusts & Succession team to provide our charity clients with expert, sector specific advice. We advise on everything from straight forward issues to complex matters which might have international or tax aspects.
How can we help?
We advise on the following, in addition to a range of other issues:
- Will validity disputes
- Claim under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Issues surrounding the administration of Estates
- Applying for grants of representation
- Ex-gratia payments
- Issues resulting from difficult Executors
- Court applications regarding trustees
- Analysing Estate Accounts
Our sensitive, understanding approach enables us to assist charities in a collaborative and adaptable manner, having careful regard to reputational considerations.
We often hold events for charities including workshops, seminars and forums to benefit charity legacy officers, trustees and executives.
- Problems with bequests left to charities who have changed named
- Charity Commission guidance for charities with a connection to a non-charity
- Reform of the Law of Wills – where are we now?
- Michelmores grows Disputed Wills and Trusts team
- An International Perspective
- Conflicts of Interest: A Guide for Charity Trustees
- The curious world of a charity being at ‘arm’s length’ to its own subsidiary company