"He is the king of jurisdictional work. If you have a knotty jurisdictional issue he is the person you look to." Another market source notes: "He is a very good international lawyer, he is a very effective solicitor on anything to do with European and international family law."
Chambers High Net Worth Guide 2021
“Hugely experienced and very highly thought of by clients. He has notable experience in complex cross-border financial disputes."
"I would highly recommend him as a talented international family lawyer."
"Eames has a considerable reputation in international family law, and is highly experienced in jurisdictional disputes and financial claims in England following a divorce abroad."
Legal 500 2021
Next Generation Partner - Family Law
Legal 500 2021
“He is lauded for his expertise in international family law matters and financial remedy disputes.”
Daniel joined Michelmores in 2020 and is Head of Michelmores' Family team.
Daniel is highly experienced in all aspects of family law. He is recognised nationally as an expert in international family law including recognition by independant legal directories - Chambers & Partners as a top tier practitioner and by the Legal 500 as a 'Next Generation Partner'.
He has particular expertise acting for high net worth clients in complex financial disputes and matters involving an international aspect.
Daniel regularly advises on issues of international family law and acts as a consultant to other family lawyers on international issues. His cases involve foreign nationals in the UK, expats and foreign assets, and he handles cases throughout the EU, the US, Australasia, Far East and the Middle East. He regularly acts in cases involving businesses and trusts.
Daniel is highly experienced at advising on jurisdictional disputes, enforcement against foreign assets, financial claims in England after a foreign divorce and international children cases.
Daniel is the chair of Resolution’s International Committee and a fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers. He is currently Resolution's spokesperson on the impact of Brexit on international family law and was the only solicitor to give evidence to the Justice Select Committee on this issue, and regularly advises the MoJ as a result. He is a member of Lord Justice Moylan's International Family Law Committee and was an elected member of Resolution's National Committee for eight years.
- Experience of advising on matters involving Chinese nationals/assets, including a successful defence of a High Court action brought against a Chinese client whose mother was allegedly sheltering assets on her behalf
- Successful defended an £100M offshore trust from financial claims brought in the High Court
- Regularly advises on divorce proceedings with cross-border elements, including matters involving asset protection for high-net-worth clients
- Resolution of financial disputes within married and cohabiting partnerships
- Experience of handling cases involving businesses and trusts
- Advising on pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, including in complex international cases
- Expertise in drafting pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements to protect Estates and farm businesses on divorce
- Successfully resolved a number of important collaborative cases
- Advises on financial claims on behalf of children, including CMS disputes, usually in complicated assets cases or where one parent is or has assets abroad
- Fellow of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Chair of the International Committee of Resolution (the national organisation of family lawyers)
- Former Elected Member of Resolution's National Committee
- Examiner for Resolution's accreditation for International and European Family Law
- Resolution accredited specialist in complex financial cases
- Author of Resolution's International Online Guide and Practical Law's guidance on impact of Brexit on International Family Law