"She's very reliable and dependable, she's very switched-on and she's on top of the facts."
Charlotte is an Associate solicitor in the Agriculture team having completed her training contract in September 2014.
Charlotte's practice involves advising individual farmers, farming partnerships and estates on a broad range of contentious matters including landlord and tenant, real property disputes, farming partnership disputes, contractual claims and banking disputes (including bankruptcy).
Charlotte is a member of the Property Law Association and the Agricultural Law Association.
Charlotte lectures to the CAAV and has, for the last 2 years, lectured to Rural Land and Business Management Students at Reading University. Charlotte has also contributed to Lexis Nexis.
In September 2019, Charlotte featured in Farmers Weekly's careers edition, providing an insight into life as an Agricultural Solicitor. You can read the article here.
- The Earl of Plymouth and others v Rees  EWHC 1008 (Ch)
- Carr v The Trustees of the JPMH Evelyn 1997 Settlement  acting for the successful tenant in only the second decision of its kind concerning the law governing the ground of sound estate management, used to recover possession of a farm protected under the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986.
- Price v Saundry and another  EWHC 496 (Ch) – acting for the successful beneficiary in a claim for rectification of a trust deed.
- Price v Saundry and another  EWCA Civ 2261 – acting for the successful appellant in the ground breaking decision where the Court of Appeal had to consider the circumstances in which trustees are entitled to be indemnified from the trust fund for the costs that they incur in court proceedings.
- Acting for two brothers defending complex high court litigation brought by their sister, which led to an 8 day trial. The dispute was primarily about the use and occupation of family assets comprising a farm, including a golf course, and residential properties. The properties comprising the farm were farmed and managed via a number of vehicles: Trusts, a family partnership, a limited company and by the three siblings themselves. One of the brothers principal claims was that the partnership had a tenancy protected by the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986.
- Advising the owner of a chalet park on various matters, including the management of the chalet park and the management strategy to implement moving forwards.
- Advising a company landowner on the strategy to obtain vacant possession of a tenancy protected by the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986 in light of tenant's breaches of numerous terms of the tenancy agreement.
- Acting in succession applications for potential applicants and advising on succession planning.
- Acting in a farming partnership dispute where one of the main issues to be determined is whether an Agricultural Holdings Act tenancy is a partnership asset.
- The Crown Estate Commissioners v Ian & Judith Wakley  EWHC 3610
- Ham v Bell & others  EWHC 1791 (Ch)
- Davies v Davies  EWCA Civ 463 Estoppel
- Ham v Ham  EWCA Civ 1301
- Acting in a claim for the dissolution of a farming partnership
- Acting for a tenant challenging a Notice to Remedy and the validity and effectiveness of a Case D Notice to Quit