We are a nationally recognised team advising in the area of Disputed Wills & Trusts.
Our experienced team has an excellent reputation for advising on complex issues connected with Wills, trusts and estates for both charities and individuals.
How can we help?
Our specialist team provides expert and understanding advice on a range of disputes.
If you have any concerns about the terms of a will or the provisions of an estate − for example, if you believe you have been unfairly excluded from a will or left without financial provision, there are steps that you can take.
We look to resolve problems as quickly as possible. In particular, we aim to tackle issues via Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) methods such as mediation, wherever appropriate.
Please do not hesitate to contact a member of our team to find out more.
- Ilott v Mitson – judgment of the Supreme Court
- New guidelines for Charities and Litigation
- Mediation – what is it and why use it?
- Ilott v Mitson – the final round
- Cut out of father's fortune due to being unemployed
- Alien delusions and testamentary capacity
- Michelmores Disputed Wills & Trusts - Lisa Benham
- Michelmores grows Disputed Wills and Trusts team
- Crociani and others v Crociani and others
- £164,000 landmark ruling
- Deathbed gifts: new developments in the law
- Michelmores shortlisted
- Digital assets: advice for personal representatives
- New addition to team
- Nil rate band legacies
- Deathbed gifts: an overview
- Lucian Freud: disputed wills and secret trusts
- Are the Floodgates Open?
- Supreme Court's Decision: Increase in Legacy Disputes?
- Signature Error Ultimately Proves Not to be Fatal to Will
- Will a Trustee always be indemnified?
- Acting for the spouse of a famous artist in relation to the provisions of his Will.
- Securing a settlement in a case involving a complex Estate with aspects relating to Texan law.
- Bringing proceedings on behalf of defendants in a High Court trial regarding testamentary capacity.
- Acting for the ultimate beneficiaries of a trust who were concerned that the trustees were depleting the trust assets and favouring another beneficiary.
- Reaching settlement for a charity client at a mediation in a claim concerning the testamentary capacity of the Deceased (a famous ballerina).
- Acting for the claimant wife of a wealthy property developer, who lost capacity following a stroke, in a dispute with our client's step-children over the management of his business.