The retail sector is a barometer of the economy: times have been testing over the past few years, and our high-calibre and experienced team is able to help you face those challenges.
Our key clients represent over 500 stores, with in excess of £60m turnover, so we are absorbed in the industry, and have fantastic sector knowledge.
From employee issues to lease renewals, IP protection to supply agreements, we have a well-informed and industry-aware retail solicitors team to keep you on the right track, and who can focus on the commercial as well as the legal context.
Our cutting edge retail conferences and workshops are committed to bringing you the latest knowledge impacting on the sector. At previous events, senior retail professionals heard from eBay, John Lewis, Clarks, Barclays and Deloitte on multi-channel retail.
Our annual Bristol and London retail dinners provide a forum for discussion between directors and senior managers from high profile retail companies, including Jack Wills, Hobbs and Paperchase.
Our retail expertise is enhanced by the Chairman of our Board, Nigel Hall, who has held senior positions at Burton Group/Arcadia between 1984 and 2002, and is currently chairman of Countrywide Farmers PLC and Clarks PLC.
- Retail brochure
- Marmite Wars – A taste of disputes to come?
- How will Brexit affect retailers?
- Modern Slavery Act 2015
- Public company dividends – a salutary lesson from Next
- Brand Britain
- #WheresRey: Twitter backlash against retail giant
- Michelmores act for Mint Velvet
- Case study: Marks & Spencer v BNP Paribas Services Trust Company
- Sunday trading shake-up: legal implications for retailers
- A Guide to the Consumer Rights Act 2015 – The Changes You Need To Know
- Guide to the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Part 4 - Supplying Digital Content
- Guide to the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Part 3 – Selling Services
- Guide to the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Part 2 – Selling Goods
- Guide to the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Part 1 - Unfair Terms
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 – are you ready?
- Malicious or fictitious: hope for victims of false online reviews?
- All publicity is not good publicity: how to handle negative online reviews
- Intellectual property – an often overlooked business asset
- Retailers: fighting back against the online counterfeiters
- Cosmetic Warriors Win Trade Mark Battle Against Retail Giant Amazon
- Holiday Pay Entitlement
- Expanding the family – Numatic International successfully registers JOHN and LEWIS as trade marks.
- Recruitment for Retailers: Key Considerations
- Changes to Consumer Protection Laws are Due to Take Effect on 13 June 2014
- Challenge to Administrators’ Conduct
- eBay - Steve Heywood - Guest Article
- Pledged Crackdown on Zero Hours
- The End of Amazon's Price Parity Policy Gives Greater Freedom to Online Retailers
- Michelmores Expands London Corporate Focus with Senior Lateral Hire
- Acting for the management team in the MBO of the Gro Group, the award-winning global nursery brand.
- Advising a retailer in securing an exclusive master franchise agreement and sub-franchise arrangements for the UK and Republic of Ireland for high-end coffee shops.
- Advising a leading global toy brand retailer on the global strategy and enforcement of international intellectual property rights, following the identification of counterfeit goods in the market.
- Advising Semafone in complex negotiations with major retailers for the implementation of its patented and PCI-compliant secure voice transaction solution for contact centres and retailers taking Card-holder Not Present payments.
- Advising a well-known cosmetics brand on their branding strategy and trade mark protection.
- Advising the leading retailer of outdoor clothing, equestrian, shooting, garden and farming products on a business management information system designed to establish a replacement group-wide integrated business solution.
- Defending Employment Tribunal claims, contract and policy drafting and implementation, resolving complex disciplinary and grievance issues, and the restructuring of group pension schemes for a leading retailer.