The Firm advises on domestic and cross-border institutional investment and retail funds.
We help our clients to maximise the opportunities available to invest in a diverse range of asset classes and sectors whilst managing their ever increasing regulatory risks. We are known for advising institutional funds on their downstream corporate activity and investing in challenging frontier and emerging markets. We also advise on the sponsorship and distribution of FCA legalised retail funds.
Get in touch
- Acted for the X-Leisure Fund.
- Acted for the London Office Fund.
- Advised on ING funds.
- Advised LaSalle Real Estate Investment Managers.
- Establishing a blind fund to purchase and refurbish distressed offices in London.
- Luxembourg based debt funds for global investors to provide alternative finance to the Uk real estate market.
- Tax Elected Fund for peer to peer lending.
- Statutory corporate funds eg Venture Capital Trusts / Enterprise Investment Scheme , establishing and investing funds in Uk small cap companies.
- Real estate funds covering various sectors of the Uk and European market , residential ,office ,shopping centres and student accommodation.
- Advising BP Marsh & Partners plc in respect of its investment in insurance brokers, under-writers and intermediaries.
- Advising Committed Capital and investors on investments into Moneygate Group and Trade River Finance.
- Advising a hedge fund in relation to the removal of an investment manager, loan note trustee and security trustee regarding a distressed asset in the Caribbean owned via BVI and Cayman registered companies.
- Acting for two investment funds owned by Scandinavian governments on quasi-equity investment into a forestry, carbon-offset and renewable energy company operating in Mozambique, Tanzania and Uganda.
- Providing support to Phatisa's Pan-African Housing Fund and African Agriculture Fund in relation to the downstream investment activity of both funds in Kenya, Zambia, Congo and Sierra Leone.
- Advising private equity group Bamboo Finance and Triodos Investment Management on the sale of its stake in a Mongolian bank.
- Drafting OEIC and model portfolio sponsorship agreements governing the appointment and removal of Authorised Corporate Directors (ACDs) and discretionary investment mandates in relation to FCA regulated retail funds.